Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Marriage vs Cohabitation

kimi

• Moderators

If you lived in a free country, would you get married or would you rather cohabit with your partner?

Please give reasons why...

• Moderators

I'd get married.

I won't want to spend the rest of my life in a series of short-term relationships. I need to have someone I can always count on to be in my corner. + it's what I need to stay focused and perhaps tame some of these things that do beset womankind. I could be a commitment-phobe sometimes...

Cohabitation. So leaving is easier.. Its not like i plan to be leaving upandan but i dont want something as serious as a vow before God holding me back should i decide i've had enough.

Marry.

I'm not scared to spend the rest of my life with just one person I love. There'll be plentysex, silly fight, laughter, make up sex, celibacy period, love, above all true friendship... I would gladly take on that if my partner wants same.

• Moderators

It's one of my life goals to marry a woman. LOL. You may think it silly but for me, it's a dream... to marry a woman I love and take-on life's adventures with her.

married, because I'll like to have kids and raise them with that special one as a family and also make a lifelong commitment where I can't just walk away especially when things aren't going right.

I'd marry her at the drop of a hat because

1. Commitment is sexy and romantic. I wanna spend my life with one person

2. Taxes, insurance, medical care and immigration. Duh!

***. Because f***k heteronormativity and the patriarchy *drops mic*

P.S

Hawkeen who scattered your heart like this? Come talk to me

Marry.

Monogamy has always been one of my top qualities,so if I find my missing rib in her,then let's cohabit and marry ourselves..lol.

I'd marry her at the drop of a hat because

1. Commitment is sexy and romantic. I wanna spend my life with one person

2. Taxes, insurance, medical care and immigration. Duh!

***. Because f***k heteronormativity and the patriarchy *drops mic*

P.S

Hawkeen who scattered your heart like this? Come talk to me

• Administrators

If you lived in a free country, would you get married or would you rather cohabit with your partner?

Please give reasons why...

Get married.

Marriage

I would want to spend the rest of m life with that special one, have a beautiful gal,see where life takes us too and tour the world with style :)

LOOL so all of you want to marry? Theres really nothing a woman wants morethan something she cant have,

@Dequeen, no one doesnt. And one also doesn't have to make promises in order to cohabitate.

But marriage on the other hand...

• 1 year later...

Cohabitation. It's easier. Marriage is just too complex for me to handle. time changes people.I can't deal.

• 7 months later...

Me before : I don't want cohabitation nor marriage. I get tire of people easily. Let's just stay far apart and meet once in awhile.

me now: Erm let's cohabit. I'd love to wake up at her side every morning for as long as we both wanted and in case either of us get tired of the other, we can easily go our separate ways. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Damiee said:

In a free country, cohabitation would feel like I’m half-assing it. So it’s marriage for me. I’d rather be all in. 

Awwwh.. sweet!

22 hours ago, mandah said:

certainly marriage. I just believe am marriage material and will certainly cope. It's got to be the right person though. 

LOL @marriage material. But cute sha 

Marriage.... I m old school. I believe in putting ur money (in this case ur life) where your mouth is...

To me its an absolute declaration...  Ride or die baby....

• Upvote 1