Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

True Talk – Why is it that?

FlyJ

• Administrators

Why is it that most ladies stop participating on the forum when they find the one, the slut, the one-nighter, the time waster and the all-rounder?

I think it is worthwhile reiterating the purpose of the forum. The forum was born out of the need to have an online LGBT community in Nigeria where we could freely express ourselves. Meeting someone shouldn’t be the sole purpose of becoming a member; it should spur you on to contribute more and grow the community. Let’s create a safe haven for ourselves where we can talk about anything and be ourselves. Besides, you get not to worry about the 14 years jail term :D :D .

I understand everyone is busy but that shouldn’t be an excuse. Thinking about it, I read somewhere that “there is no such thing as busy, you always have time for anything if you make time”. Let’s do this :D :D .

WA072.png

• Like 6

• Moderators

How did this manage to escape me!

That said, I love this place and I have evolved tremendously since I joined.

It does sadden me, yes, it does sadden me when participation is practically non-existent.

I do see a lot of potential when I think of NL. I imagine the friendships and networks that can result if we stuck together. Beyond that, we could build a community so strong it rivals other support systems out there. Yes, everyone needs a shoulder sometimes.

I have a dream. Yes, I'm Martha now :D I have a dream that someday, it would be different and this place would come to life again.

• Administrators

Ah Hawken...only happens when am travelling but I participate though.

• Moderators

Why is it that most ladies stop participating on the forum when they find the one, the slut, the one-nighter, the time waster and the all-rounder?

I think it is worthwhile reiterating the purpose of the forum. The forum was born out of the need to have an online LGBT community in Nigeria where we could freely express ourselves. Meeting someone shouldn’t be the sole purpose of becoming a member; it should spur you on to contribute more and grow the community. Let’s create a safe haven for ourselves where we can talk about anything and be ourselves. Besides, you get not to worry about the 14 years jail term biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif .

I understand everyone is busy but that shouldn’t be an excuse. Thinking about it, I read somewhere that “there is no such thing as busy, you always have time for anything if you make time”. Let’s do this biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif .

WA072.png

wink.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

To be honest I don't think people stopped contributing just because they met someone. I'M not sure of the percentage of people who have met a lover through this site but I know the number is low.

Now if you look through previous POST you will notice that the same few people are always contributing. Most of the members just come browse and leave. Now that is the problem we are having on this site.

Majority of the members are NOT contributing by posting NEW topics neither are they engaging in the conversation.That makes these site very Boring. If I have to be honest with myself that's why I LEFT.

For these site to grow, we all need to contribute by posting new topics daily, weekly and monthly.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

It's a recurring theme that people point to the lack or variety in content as reason for exiting. My question then is, if everyone left because there was no content, how would we ever build anything?

I do understand that It could get very discouraging and boring but the key is to hang in there. I won't be one of those who leave because there isn't enough activity, I'd rather stay and do something about it. I'd create that activity.

To be honest, similar sites of this nature battle with this exact challenge. It isn't just peculiar to Naijalez. You'd always notice the few consistent members who keep the place alive. Even if it's just 10-15 of us who stay and make the effort to contribute regularly, it would make a world of difference to the site.

My point? Don't leave. Stay because you want to be a part of building our community. That mindset is what would make the difference.

• Upvote 1

I suggest let this site have for its memebers chatrooms( real time conversations)thats why people who mostly come in are passers by. Administrators THINK!

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

People seldom know everything about their partners at the beginning of a relationship, because couples probably are not going to give every information about themselves from the outset. But while you’re in the middle of a relationship and discovered your partner once had a blood covenant with their previous lover, are you going to go ahead and marry such a person?

What do you think ladies?

• Administrators

@Chocolate well said but we cnt force people to participate. TBH I think most people join the forum for strictly booty call reasons.

@Kimi You hit the nail on the head.

@sage good point. Unfortunately, it's a forum so adding a chat room is not feasible for now. I doubt that would increase participation.

• 1 month later...

People seldom know everything about their partners at the beginning of a relationship, because couples probably are not going to give every information about themselves from the outset. But while you’re in the middle of a relationship and discovered your partner once had a blood covenant with their previous lover, are you going to go ahead and marry such a person?

What do you think ladies?

Well, that escalated quickly... :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Blood convenant cannot and shouldnt be toyed with. 

I won't marry someone that has a blood covenant with another. 

Love cannot help the repercussions of a blood covenant.

• Like 1

Am a newbie,looking for love with no idea how to go about it and am already bored.I think an avenue should be created where we can actually chat with pple,not only posting topic and reading comments. Not all of us are eloquent writers.

3 hours ago, blessingi said:

I think an avenue should be created where we can actually chat with pple,not only posting topic and reading comments. Not all of us are eloquent writers.

You can till inbox anybody you want to have a private conversation with by clicking on the three horizontal line to the top left corner of your mobile view.  if you need guide on going around the forum, you can just ask questions someone will definitely help out 

6 minutes ago, MENA said:

You can till inbox anybody you want to have a private conversation with by clicking on the three horizontal line to the top left corner of your mobile view.  if you need guide on going around the forum, you can just ask questions someone will definitely help out 

OK.tnks

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, MENA said:

Thanks for this. Well said. 

• 1 year later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, FlyJ said:

I think it is worthwhile reiterating the purpose of the forum. The forum was born out of the need to have an online LGBT community in Nigeria where we could freely express ourselves. Meeting someone shouldn’t be the sole purpose of becoming a member; it should spur you on to contribute more and grow the community. Let’s create a safe haven for ourselves where we can talk about anything and be ourselves. Besides, you get not to worry about the 14 years jail term 😄 😄 .

I understand everyone is busy but that shouldn’t be an excuse. Thinking about it, I read somewhere that “there is no such thing as busy, you always have time for anything if you make time”. Let’s do this 😄 😄 .

WA072.png

I'm here forever. Where are you Ms./Mrs. FlyJ? I haven't seen you since I joined. Did you get boo'd up and bounce?

• 1 month later...

To me it feels everyone knows each other on this forum, someones friend is someone else girlfriend. It feels everyone is taken. So what hope do we have meeting someone on the forum. That's why people just log in and scroll through and log out. Trying to know someone just for friendship is not easy here not to talk of relationship. 

• Like 1