Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies

FlyJ

• Administrators

Actually many might see postgraduate studies as a waste of time but really, there are many benefits in going for one and below we shall help you see ten reasons:

1. For academic recognition.

The number one reason for postgraduate studies is to help one achieve greatness in academic field. It speaks volume of ones academic standard and there are some positions that warrant this.

2. Working with the best.

With a postgraduate program, you move with the best and you are as well seen as one.

***. For reasonable financial prospect.

Postgraduate program helps to increase one financial prospect, it differentiate you from others. Although, this might not be compulsory but it is necessary because it gives you additional money (extra) which others may find difficult to have.

4. It broadens your knowledge

When you run postgraduate studies, it gives you opportunity to conduct personal research(es) in order to develop your thoughts, ideas and skills.

5. It makes you MAD

I'm sure some of us will be surprised why I used the word MAD, yes, postgraduate studies makes you mad. (M means make, A means a and D means different). In other words, postgraduate studies help you to make a difference in the society.

6. It is an investment for tomorrow.

Postgraduate studies helps to jump straight into one desired career even when labour market looks choked. You will develop the CEO mentality.

7. To Build Strong Connectiions

With a postgraduate studies, the chain to attain greatness in life is always strong and secure special space for you at the top as ypu are bound to meet better people through the journey.

8. For professional development.

It helps you develop yourself beyond expectations and guide your profession.

9. Postgraduate studies tell people what you have that others don't.

Many people have degree but surely your postgraduate studies will single-handedly pick you out of mess when others are yet to know the right way, you are there already.

10. It reveals who you are.

Postgraduate studies tells people you full story, who you are, what you are capable of doing and finally makes you a leader.

• Moderators

Hmmm... I beg to differ. If you aren't going to an ivy league, 2,***,5,6,7 would not necessarily hold true anymore. In the 70s, 80s and 90s perhaps but not nowadays.

These days, most especially in Nigeria, postgraduate degrees are now so commonplace they do not guarantee much. All you need do is look around and the number of unemployed youth who hold an international 2nd degree abound. It's the Sad truth.

While I agree that it does serve to broaden your mind and gives necessary exposure to 1st world cultures and social dynamics, I would like to believe the person who wrote that article is either not Nigerian or at best, certainly did not write it in relation to the Nigerian situation.