Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Ever think about marriage?

Alexis88

3 minutes ago, kimi said:

...and I had high hopes and plans to get you ordained. Alas... 😐😢

Sighs... 

Is This me? If it is, there is still hope, The ordination can wait. I haven't seen enough of the world.. Lol

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Is This me? If it is, there is still hope, The ordination can wait. I haven't seen enough of the world.. Lol

Hahahahahahaha. This is the funniest thing I've read today. :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1:

It is you ma 😐

On 9/1/2016 at 10:26 PM, Alexis88 said:

If societal and familial pressure ever got overwhelming, would you give in and marry a boy? Or would you defy everyone, move abroad and marry your girl? Do you have or do you ever think you could have a love that consuming?

Firstly, I do not believe in marriage be it to man or woman.  Or better yet still, the thought of committing oneself to another person for the rest of one's life is scary a thing, I can't seem to grasps my head around. Then how do one indulge in a thing they don't understand?  Love I understand, but marriage? That's a whole different ball game. 

Secondly, my family knows too well my stance about it, and no body bothers anymore asides my mom who sometimes tries to persuade me just to see if i reconsider my decisions. 

Lastly, I am person who don't care about the overwhelming societal pressure..say and do whatever you like, I am unperturbed. Recently,  I was conversing with our family pastor and the talks about marriage came up and "I bluntly told him its not his business if I should be considering marriage at this time or not". Its a personal thing and he's invading into my private life. They called family meeting on my head after that conversation. 😂

I don't care about society or whatever, even though I am painfully aware how disgustingly marriage inclined we are in this country. But I  won't bulge.  Even if the love is consuming. We'd find another way around it, but definitely not marriage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scarlet said:

Then how do one indulge in a thing they don't understand?  Love I understand, but marriage? That's a whole different ball game. 

Marriage isn't your thing or you really don't understand that people can love themselves to the point that, that'd decide to spent the rest of their lives together? 

9 hours ago, Hawken said:

LOOL way back in the day. But i was never a girly girl. I just wasn't as masculine presenting as i am now.

Yep. Although, i used to wear feminine clothes back then because that was all my folks would buy for me.

My mother contributed to my tomboyish ways by letting me pick out my own clothes. She let me join her friend's football team as a teen, but wouldn't let any of my younger brothers play contact sports growing up. She was a true feminist 😀 

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

My mother contributed to my tomboyish ways by letting me pick out my own clothes. She let me join her friend's football team as a teen, but wouldn't let any of my younger brothers play contact sports growing up. She was a true feminist 😀 

My mum said if I brought one more sprained ankle home, I'd sleep outside. And so ended my football career 😆

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mimy said:

Marriage isn't your thing or you really don't understand that people can love themselves to the point that, that'd decide to spent the rest of their lives together? 

Both.

• 2 years later...
On 1/26/2019 at 1:40 AM, Txunamy said:

Matter of fact, if i introduce someone as my wife to be to my family, they would throw her a party, After they have gotten over their shock of course.

😃

• Like 1