Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Ever think about marriage?

Alexis88

• Moderators

You do realise that your current family will inevitably break up into smaller families of their own. How are you going to hold on then? You should consider looking for a way to have yours. With or without your family. The family you create is more important than the on you're born into IMO

#word

That's my boo

You do realise that your current family will inevitably break up into smaller families of their own. How are you going to hold on then? You should consider looking for a way to have yours. With or without your family. The family you create is more important than the on you're born into IMO

we would still be family, just that more units will be added to my old family.

if I meet a girl that's worth walking away from the old fam to create a new one, i'll definitely go ahead. I honestly desire a life where I can have both the new and old family, anyway I don't have everything figured out yet.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice and logical arguments.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to choice. What do you want? What can you live with?

I have never wanted to marry a man, I cannot live "under" a man.

Okay let me burst your head! I am a man in a female body and everything a man wants is what I want.

A kind beautiful woman, hanging on my arm, taking care of me and I her. Providing everything she and the kids need and all that other shiii men do but the good thing is, with a woman it's a partnership and nobody is the head or tail.

I was never made for a man and when the time comes my family will just have to deal with it....

Btw welcome back @Alexis88

Thanks to whoever ressurected this post. A friend of mine asked me same question on Monday and for the first in my life I became honest with myself and decided to stick to my truth. 

All my life I haven't been able to date a guy, never fallen in love with any and have never desired any. All my live I haven't been eager to have sex with a guy no matter how high I am. 

So it is now an established fact that I am not one of those girls who can manage to marry a guy and keep a girl on the side. I'll give myself away one day and if the guy is a sour loser then he'll definitely ruin my life and I'll end up exactly where I was running from. Jail or an outcast in my family. 

So my friend and I explored some options, like marrying a gay guy who wants to save face too and we both live together for the society but we love who we love, adopt kids and everyone is happy. Or I move out of my current city, get a good job, rent an apartment in a quiet area and either adopt kids or actually endure one more sex round and get pregnant with my own baby with or without a girlfriend. Because as it stands I can't afford to move abroad but I definitely won't stop living because of that. 

• Like 3

If I was on NL two years ago, I’d probably have responded to this and said I’d marry a man for the sake of fitting in and making my family happy, even though the mere thought of it made me sad. 

Now, I think about marriage. Not to a man, but a woman. The thought of it brings me peace. Tbh I just got tired of doing what makes everyone happy and just focused on doing what makes me happy. Baby steps. Now it’s just a thought, eventually it will become a reality. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, ChazBee said:

like marrying a gay guy who wants to save face too and we both live together for the society but we love who we love, adopt kids and everyone is happy.

A nice idea.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Damiee said:

If I was on NL two years ago, I’d probably have responded to this and said I’d marry a man for the sake of fitting in and making my family happy, even though the mere thought of it made me sad. 

Now, I think about marriage. Not to a man, but a woman. The thought of it brings me peace. Tbh I just got tired of doing what makes everyone happy and just focused on doing what makes me happy. Baby steps. Now it’s just a thought, eventually it will become a reality. 

I'm proud of you princess 😊

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Michelle said:

You should hook her up with one of your innocent victims.

Hahahaha. I always add tremendous value to lives 🙄

She deserves the very best. 

• Haha 1

The more I grow the more my choice changes.. but I know one thing for sure, I can't live with a guy. I just can't. That's that. 

And am not gonna fake it.. I'm not doing is am not doing. The pressure will come though.. till then we'll be here..growing.

On 9/2/2016 at 10:18 AM, Hawken said:

I am honestly too lazy and self centered to do anything for the benefit of anybody. But alas I am Bi (or something like that) so marrying a man isn't really far fetched for me.

And although the beard route is one I have considered very seriously (as an only girl child and with pressure mounting), I'd really hate to make a sham of something as serious and sacred as marriage.

The very thought of marriage gives me shivers. Left to me, I wouldn't marry anybody. Let's just be living in sin please :unsure:

Hmmm, so @Hawken, was bi and a girly girl back in the days? Interesting. Lol

27 minutes ago, Mimy said:

She didn't say she was a girly girl. I also dated men in my past, but I was never a girly girl...just a tomboy with a pretty face.

Just now, Mimy said:

LOOL way back in the day. But i was never a girly girl. I just wasn't as masculine presenting as i am now.

Just now, Michelle said:

She didn't say she was a girly girl. I also dated men in my past, but I was never a girly girl...just a tomboy with a pretty face.

Yep. Although, i used to wear feminine clothes back then because that was all my folks would buy for me.

I can never live with a man, like i would puke everyday if i am forced to sleep and wake up beside a man.

That is not to say i haven't been with men..i have dated a couple in the past. But...

Growing up, i have always been a princess, pink sheets, pink bows and all that.. But, i dressed more like a boy,, shorts, shirts, sneakers and all. And it was because i wanted to dress like my lil male cousin at the time.

So i would wear shorts, shirts, and have a pink bow in my hair...Lol

When i was in my teenage years, whenever i watch some fairy tales, i dream of stuff like that..

And Then my Epiphany came when i hit 20. It dawned on me that even though i was a girly girl, i don't need a male in a white horse to rescue me.

And then my dreams changed from seeing a male in a white horse, riding to rescue me, to seeing a female, hair blowing in the wind, boobs and ass bouncing, while she gallops towards me..

To sum all these up, i was born to be with a woman..

Thank Goodness i have Nothing to worry about. Matter of fact, if i introduce someone as my wife to be to my family, they would throw her a party, After they have gotten over their shock of course..Lol

Incase you wondering, i am still not out, and i still don't want to be out, cos its not really relevant to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

And then my dreams changed from seeing a male in a white horse, riding to rescue me, to seeing a female, hair blowing in the wind, boobs and ass bouncing, while she gallops towards me..

Ho ho ho 😆

Meanwhile, so you like boobs and ass? Weirdo 😒

1 minute ago, Hawken said:

Ho ho ho 😆

Meanwhile, so you like boobs and ass? Weirdo 😒

Lmao! Why won't i like boobs and ass? Its everything mahn..😁