Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

ComingOut Day!

TeeJay

Alright. So since today is World ComingOut Day, I have decided to pack out of the closet. Okay, here we go...

Frankie, Princesa, Bliss, Kimi, Modd, Al, Hawken, Fairy, Chocolat, Chaz, Ral... in short, all NLers, I stand here today, humble and honest. I am a gay woman. I am a lesbian. I might have known since I started playing mommy and Daddy and sleeping on top my, then, little wife. I may have known when I gave my first crush a peck just outside the classroom in JSS1, not minding the boys around and then literally running halfway home, non-stop. I remember how hot my face felt. Guess its what they call blushing.

You see, I am a lesbian not cause I can change my orientation even if I try... I don't hate guys. Don't get me wrong. Like that true life story in the book about Nigerian Lesbians, Gays and Bisexuals, Blessed Body, I so get attracted to intelligence generally. So I love intelligent men. I dont have a problem with them, until it crosses into sexual intimacy or advances.

I love women. Not cause a demon inside me nudges me on, but because it is just NORMAL for my body to react to the ladies.

So, I know you wont stone me now or do whatever it is homophobic people do (I don't even care to notice any directed at me), why not bring your pretty boobs over here and give me a very tight hug for this courageous act of Coming Out. One by one, please. Would love to savour every likkle detail of your nerves and waist and every every

Gracias!

• Moderators

Hahahaha. Happy Coming Out Day to you too! I'd come out to my lesbian friends who don't know that they are lesbians (yet) next year :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It has only just occurred to me to share this here

So, I came out to a friend and colleague on Sunday. Lol. She couldn't have seen this coming Hahahaha. Anyways, we met up for chats and a drink because it's been a while we had our usual out of the office sit-down-to-chat moment.

I allowed her go on and on as is her usual practice then BAM!!! :D okay okay... I allowed it build up. Wasn't much of a Bam :( lol.

She's always wondered why she wasn't on my bbm etc and so I started my speech... I told her I was gay. She was shocked speechless! As I continued to speak, she tried to fight back the tears but at this point a few had escaped. Then she gave me a hug.

Oh, by the way, prior to my coming out, I asked her not to cry or preach to me. Neither of which she did...

It's amazing what genuine love and friendship can birth. She's the average Nigerian with the typical religious views but she suddenly became pro gay for me. Telling me to consider leaving the country; worrying about my safety etc... she calls me no less than 2 times everyday ever since lol. We've suddenly gotten closer and errr... she isn't gay lol. I told her she's a keeper and the only reason I have decided to open up is because I value our friendship and would absolutely love to have her in my life for the long haul. She's one of the few people I know who have a heart of gold. Sweet sweet girl.

That's the recent update folks! Making a difference; one person at a time! *wink*

• 4 weeks later...

It has only just occurred to me to share this here

So, I came out to a friend and colleague on Sunday. Lol. She couldn't have seen this coming Hahahaha. Anyways, we met up for chats and a drink because it's been a while we had our usual out of the office sit-down-to-chat moment.

I allowed her go on and on as is her usual practice then BAM!!! biggrin.gif okay okay... I allowed it build up. Wasn't much of a Bam sad.gif lol.

She's always wondered why she wasn't on my bbm etc and so I started my speech... I told her I was gay. She was shocked speechless! As I continued to speak, she tried to fight back the tears but at this point a few had escaped. Then she gave me a hug.

Oh, by the way, prior to my coming out, I asked her not to cry or preach to me. Neither of which she did...

It's amazing what genuine love and friendship can birth. She's the average Nigerian with the typical religious views but she suddenly became pro gay for me. Telling me to consider leaving the country; worrying about my safety etc... she calls me no less than 2 times everyday ever since lol. We've suddenly gotten closer and errr... she isn't gay lol. I told her she's a keeper and the only reason I have decided to open up is because I value our friendship and would absolutely love to have her in my life for the long haul. She's one of the few people I know who have a heart of gold. Sweet sweet girl.

That's the recent update folks! Making a difference; one person at a time! *wink*

You go girl biggrin.gif