Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Open for Christmas!

kimi

• Moderators

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... lol. Not quite yet.

Can't feel it much in the air yet except for when I'm elsewhere. Nonetheless, we (NL) are open for Christmas this year. Lol. Soon, perhaps from next week? I bet the Christmas songs would start being played on the radio...? Hopefully.

I had been searching for carols to attend -a search that began mid-November. Yep! Checked Muson which is always my default to look up at this time of the year but there was nothing. Then I check again last night only to realise there was one yesterday evening :(

Oh well.... I hope the BBC would compensate me with their usual Christmas Carol service this year. Hopefully, I don't miss out on that too.

In the mean time, this thread would be updated with Christmassy thoughts from moi ;)

• Moderators

I can't wait for traffic to lessen and prices of goods to suddenly skyrocket.lol. Signs of Christmas in this part of the world you see.

Having trouble getting in the Christmas spirit? Okay okay... I'd think up something for you lot!

xx

• Moderators

Christmas has come in early this year for me! There's so much to be thankful for. I asked God, "can I kiss you? Okay Okay... I'm sure a hug will do!" hahaha

I'm hoping everyone gets a gift this season. Just something out of the blues that would make you smile.

...Remember, it's not in the size and it doesn't need to be tangible. if it as much as makes you smile or giggle, it is it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I was out today, the streets are busy as should be. Mothers rushing past, making the most of available time to conclude last minute shopping. Everyone seems to be on a fast forward. Lol.

...and of course, the radio stations have started playing some good ol' Christmas music!

I want to do something special for some but not sure what yet. I've got lots of ideas running through my mind at the moment but I'm sure I'll settle with one.

For some odd reason, I'm looking forward to the Christmas service this year. I usually skip that service and rather watch old Christmas movies in my PJs. This year, it seems I'm becoming mushy in my old age :) I'm even tempted to stay for both services! I must not!! I must fight that weird urge with all my might! Hahahaha

• Moderators

DRINK DRIVING WARNING

I know we car owners are responsible, but this is a warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas.

Last night I was out for a few drinks with some of the girls in town. One thing led to another and I had way too many vodka's topped off with a couple of Jaegerbombs. Not a good idea!!

Knowing I was way over the limit, I did something I’ve never done before...I left my car in town and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint where they were pulling over drivers and performing breathalyser tests.

Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived back at home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise..

I've never driven a bus before and I don't know where I got it from or what I'm gonna do with it!

#copied

:D :D :D

• Moderators

It's here! It's here! The Christmas Eve is here!!! Yay!!!! *huge grin*

What a wonderful morning it is indeed... :)

• Moderators

When you wake up in the morning, take note of who it is you think of . No matter what you tell yourself during the day... your heart is with the one you think of first - Unknown

• Moderators

Okay Okay Okay... I confess! I didn't make it to church. I woke up and the feeling wasn't to get hugged or shook by some tens of boisterous, glittering overly excited strangers. So, I opted for some peace and quiet in front of the telly instead :unsure:

• Moderators

You know what breaks me, when someone is visibly excited about a feeling or an idea or a hope or a risk taken, and they tell you about it but preface it with: “Sorry, this is dumb but-.”Don’t do that. I don’t know who came here before me, or who conditioned you to think you had to apologize or feel obtuse. But not here. Dreams so big it’s silly. Laugh so hard it’s obnoxious. Love so much it’s impossible. And don’t you ever feel unintelligent. And don’t you ever apologize. And don’t you ever shrink so you can squeeze yourself into small places and small minds. Grow. It’s a big world. You fit. I promise -Unknown