Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Coming Out?

Charlie

Hey guys,

Happy New Year! I've been away way too long, I'm not even sure I have an excuse.

Anyway, so I think I'm actually going to consider coming out to my parents. For a very long time, I've thought about all the pros and cons related to it and the cons always won. However, I recently accidentally came out to my uncle and I was so shocked at his reaction.

Perhaps the rest of my family wouldn't be to surprised should I actually do it, I've been dropping hints for a very long time, surely they can't just think I just happen to be so interested in lgbtqi+ rights, right?

What do you think? Something you'd ever consider?

• Moderators

Happy New Year to you!

I always tell people this: " do what is best for you okay... only you fully know and understand your unique situation"

Being in hiding isn't the happiest of places to be. All the best with it!

xx

Happy New Year to you!

I always tell people this: " do what is best for you okay... only you fully know and understand your unique situation"

Being in hiding isn't the happiest of places to be. All the best with it!

xx

True, that makes sense. It's something I'm definitely considering, I'm still dependent on them thpugh so maybe after I move out, then I'll spill.

• Moderators

True, that makes sense. It's something I'm definitely considering, I'm still dependent on them thpugh so maybe after I move out, then I'll spill.

It's always best to be sufficiently independent before one ventures on such ventures lol should it go the other way. I do hope it goes better than expected for you! All the best with it.

Sweetie I doff my hat for ur courage, u knw ur folks beta dan any of us, like Kimi said it wud be kool to be independent b4 coming out, anyway I wish u d best in wateva decision u take

PS: Give us d gist if it happens

Happy new year

Yay Charlie! Congrats on coming out to your uncle. As for the rest, take it small small.

Take it from someone who has come out to her family, it is better to be independent before you do so. Best of luck when you do!

• 2 weeks later...