Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Watch This Space

kimi

• Moderators

In all fairness, when I put up this post, I had absolutely no intention of it being a serious thread.lol. As is my MO 😄

But this morning just like ever other morning -enroute to work, I am broken by the hustle I see. As early as 6am and I'm sure perhaps earlier than that, these young men are already hawking, running, chasing cars -for patronage. It breaks me each time and yes, I'm a major softy -sometimes I even as much as get teary.

Today, like most mornings, I said a prayer for them -that their journey be easier and their load be lighter. I pray each time for a good break for them....

On the flipside is one yeye mallam who stays close by me. I practically offered him N500 per wash to wash my car weekly. He says "sorry aunty, no chance, I dey go somewhere" and that was on week 1. Loool. I never went back to him obviously. Some seem to be super content with life as it is... who am I to judge 🙂

Wishing you all a brilliant Tuesday! Remember, outlook is everything. Look for that rainbow in your sky... and if you dont see it, close your eyes and see it with your mind's eye.

xx

Kimi in the spirit hahahaha

• Moderators

Mehn... when I see officers at some stop points, I simply thank God rather than my previous reaction of grumbling. Lol. That's what happens when you get attacked by a traffic thief (for lack of a better word to call him).

Personally, I did feel sorry for him. I COULD Tell he had had a rough life and stealing had become the "easier" option rather than to sweat it out in some trade.

It does break my heart to imagine the extent of poverty in the land and how harshly the economy has dealt with most. What these thieves fail to forget however is that we each have our own issues. You never know what the next person is going through financially, emotionally etc... it certainly gives no right to take from them.

Haaa. It seems like I am gradually turning this thread to a daily diary log. 😄

Interestingly, what I had in mind to post was entirely different from this.

See you next time! 😄

xx

• Moderators

I must admit. Some of these kids are really cute lol. They must be 5? 6? Perhaps 10? That age of innocence...

My reaction is to be super proactive when I sight them (as much as a mile away). You know what I mean... those kids that jump in front of you ready to wipe-clean your windshield. What amazes me now isn't the excitement with which they carry out these -what has largely become a nuisance of a task lol. No no; what I find absolutely fascinating is the numbers. The ever growing numbers.lol.

Here is what I mean. This must be common sense right? -that numbers isn't great for business. I mean, best to operate a monopoly than to have a slew of competitors providing the same service in exactly the same way. Where there is zero competitve advantage, how does one expect to gain ground?

Lol. Ignore all my plenty grammer o. It has to be common sense right? That it gets tougher when the market place becomes saturated with our unsolicited window cleaners. I wonder why they fail to realize this simple fact.

On a more serious note, it does give me a huge cause for concern. I worry that that's only a glimpse of what is yet to come. A ticking bomb I like to call it. Imagine 10, 20, 30 years down the line? These kids wouldn't see the fun in chasing after cars to clean windows... let's face the facts, it is grossly unprofitable requiring way too much energy. If care isn't taken, they could very well turn to... your guess is as good as mine.

That's my rambling for tonight. Now this was the post I had in mind for the morning. Alas, my brain was too lazy at the time, to properly articulate me points :D lol

• Moderators

Awwwwh! Who is this person i have become! *huge grin*

I have kept evolving. One year on and I can honestly say that I am a better person than I was this time last year.

Stronger yet more sensitive.

Very open yet private.

Full of life yet peaceful.

Indeed, I have become a paradox ;)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well.... today marks eight months without drinking a drop of juice, fizzy drinks or any alcohol!!! Eight months without eating bread, pasta, cake or anything sweet. Sugar has been eliminated, as has caffeine. The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I have lost loads of weight and my way of thinking is very positive. No alcohol, eating extremely healthily and above all, a couple of hours of exercise daily!

I don't know whose status this is, but I was so very happy for them, I copied and pasted it! :D :D

#copied

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Hahaha. I love the English language. If used correctly, it can transform the most basic and ordinary of places to be regarded in the same way one would the Buckingham Palace :D

What has inspired this blab is pretty much something I read a few seconds ago. In describing a local joint, someone had called it somethting else and if I didn't know any better, I would have been fooled too lol. Mehn.... don't you admire those people who say (for instance) that their dads work in real estate when what he really is is a cement merchant (and that's a nice way of putting it)

Smh.lol

Well.... today marks eight months without drinking a drop of juice, fizzy drinks or any alcohol!!! Eight months without eating bread, pasta, cake or anything sweet. Sugar has been eliminated, as has caffeine. The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I have lost loads of weight and my way of thinking is very positive. No alcohol, eating extremely healthily and above all, a couple of hours of exercise daily!

I don't know whose status this is, but I was so very happy for them, I copied and pasted it! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

#copied

LMAO this one got me! I was already jealous :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

By the way.... there is such a thing as eating too much chilli *puke face*

Having some me time in the loo :(

Tmi? :D :D

• Moderators

Okay.... so i'm using an mtn sim for the first time. I am not impressed I must say. Trying out their data package as well, seems fine so far but fingers crossed on how the rest of the month would pan out. In fairness to mtn, So far so good, internet seems better than the airtel (...and I'm one of those; I have only ever used one service provider. Been with the company since inception i.e. Econet days)

#brandloyalty *wink*

• Moderators

Hahahahaha. I'M where you left me o. Ehn ehn... you just abandoned me now

Na wa o... i see all the admins are strolling in one by one. Fingers crossed.

Simpl3 my padi. Long time no hear

You abandoned a newbie like me, ko da o

Hahahahaha. I'M where you left me o. Ehn ehn... you just abandoned me now

Na wa o... i see all the admins are strolling in one by one. Fingers crossed.

Simpl3 my padi. Long time no hear

• Moderators

You abandoned a newbie like me, ko da o

Hahahahaha. Newbie sha. Old girl like you. If you are a newbie, I am a baby :D :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hahahaha.

Now that we have increased level of participation, it may no longer be necesary perhaps?

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, RayBlac said:

@kimi continue this, please. *puppy eyes*

Looool... mehn, I was a major yarner back in the day Lol. I 'm not sure I've got that level of energy anymore