Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

All time favourite queer movie!

dequeen

1 minute ago, dequeen said:

Franky was bae until she became weak. Lol, I have a thing for strong women. 

Ohhh..  dequeen !

Why you gon do like that? This is like a spoiler. Frankie became weak? How?  Why? 

No.. Don't say. 

I like strong women too, but not ruthless ones sha..

But if Franky changed, I would be happy. I love me a bad girl, but I also love a good bad girl.. ☺ 

1 minute ago, Ivyy said:

Ohhh..  dequeen !

Why you gon do like that? This is like a spoiler. Frankie became weak? How?  Why? 

No.. Don't say. 

I like strong women too, but not ruthless ones sha..

But if Franky changed, I would be happy. I love me a bad girl, but I also love a good bad girl.. ☺ 

:597f839b3ca8e_tw_hushed1: sorry dearie, not really a spoiler though because her becoming weak is a matter of opinion. 

Just like poussey from OITNB just wasn't emanating those sexy vibes at a point. #MatterOfOpinion. 

I'll be here when you decide. :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

12 minutes ago, dequeen said:

:597f839b3ca8e_tw_hushed1: sorry dearie, not really a spoiler though because her becoming weak is a matter of opinion. 

Just like poussey from OITNB just wasn't emanating those sexy vibes at a point. #MatterOfOpinion. 

I'll be here when you decide. :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

I get you now queen.. 

Didn't watch oitnb. How do you people enjoy that? ☺ 

Hahahaha! You better be here when I do decide.. I'll hold you to that.. 😂 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

Didn't watch oitnb. How do you people enjoy that? ☺  

Haba nau, oitnb is like an only girls secondary school boarding house. Except much older girls. 

24 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Haba nau, oitnb is like an only girls secondary school boarding house. Except much older girls. 

Lol.. 

Any queer series you can recommend for me pls?  ☺ 

Broke Back Mountain.. should top the list, for me. 

It is a beautiful lovestory - and it shows the pain of being gay while growing up and living in an environment that condems it.

Very painful, beautiful, and impactful movie.

11 hours ago, dequeen said:

Who else thinks the sex scene in "Blue is the warmest color" was totally top 5??

Not me lol. The scene was too long and I felt it was a bit too much 🙃

• Like 1
4 hours ago, scarlet said:

It is a beautiful lovestory - and it shows the pain of being gay while growing up and living in an environment that condems it.

This movie is definitely a 10/10 ...i actually cried watching it(and I'm not a crier)... I noticed that whenever  I recommend the movie to other lesbians ..they say they can't watch it because it's a gay (btw homosexual guys) movie.

13 hours ago, dequeen said:

Who else thinks the sex scene in "Blue is the warmest color" was totally top 5??

Lmao...I tot it was hot in the beginning and it got really ridiculous when they started switching sex positions...it was pretty boring to me.

5 hours ago, scarlet said:

Their scene made me wince while watching. For some reason, I don't like watching gay men in movies.very uncomfortable. 

2 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Their scene made me wince while watching. For some reason, I don't like watching gay men in movies.very uncomfortable. 

Not u too ivvy...same reason some of my friends gave for  not being about to watch it...is it the sex scenes?

3 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Sighs.  unfortunately to you,  same gender romance are not exclusively linked to a particular gender  but all genders,  inclusively gay men.

Deal with that.

I guess it's "okay" to watch lesbian women in movies and not gay man?(talk about minorities discriminating against themselves )  very typical.  I'm not even surprised one bit!  and you turn right ahead and dare say  "discrimination" when heterosexuals outrightly do same to you? Pathetic. 

We are one hell of a comic show to em homophobes.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, scarlet said:

Sighs.  unfortunately to you,  same gender romance are not exclusively linked to a particular gender  but all genders,  inclusively gay men.

Deal with that.

I guess it's "okay" to watch lesbian women in movies and not gay man?(talk about minorities discriminating against themselves )  very typical.  I'm not even surprised one bit!  and you turn right ahead and dare say  "discrimination" when heterosexuals outrightly do same to you? Pathetic. 

We are one hell of a comic show to em homophobes.

*Round of applause*

That one hell of an interesting story scarlet. 

I can't watch gay men in movies. Deal with that. Or better, do something about it will ya? 

And yes it's okay for me to watch lesbian women in movies. 

Where is the discrimination?its all about preference.i should go ahead and watch gay men in movies even though it makes me wince, just to prove to scarlet that I ain't discriminating?

You just spewed bull crap scarlet.

Yidi yidi yadda!

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Phegore said:

Not u too ivvy...same reason some of my friends gave for  not being about to watch it...is it the sex scenes?

😂 I'm not the only one. 

I did watch it to the end, but it's not my kinda movie. 

And yeah, the sex scene is not my favorite kinda scene. Can't help it*shrugs* ☺ 

3 minutes ago, Gimbiyya said:

@Ivyy why do gay scene makes you wince? Is it just in movie or you get uncomfortable too when you see them in real life?

It's Just in movies Gimbiyya. 

I have homosexual guys as friends from way back in uni and we still friends. 

For instance, If I say I don't like watching popcorn pop,  does it translate to not liking popcorn? It  simply means I don't like watching the process the corn has to go through to be called  pop corn.

From the above, did I mention I don't like eating popcorn? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

It's Just in movies Gimbiyya. 

I have homosexual guys as friends from way back in uni and we still friends. 

For instance, If I say I don't like watching popcorn pop,  does it translate to not liking popcorn? It  simply means I don't like watching the process the corn has to go through to be called  pop corn.

From the above, did I mention I don't like eating popcorn? 

Okay I get your point now. Just that the extremely discrimination constantly meant towards gay people has turn some homosexuals and pro gay overly sensitive on the slightest hint of any perceived discrimination.  

40 minutes ago, Gimbiyya said:

Okay I get your point now. Just that the extremely discrimination constantly meant towards gay people has turn some homosexuals and pro gay overly sensitive on the slightest hint of any perceived discrimination.  

Oh well their cuppa.. 

I'm only responsible for what I write and not how people misconstrue it. 

• Moderators

I don't enjoy watching a boy and a girl make out... even in the movies. I don't watch. I tend to get busy doing 'something' when I can tell it's the next scene. 

Makes me go 'yack' loool. I agree when Ivvy refers to preferences. Sometimes, it's just that and nothing more. Beautiful popcorn analogy there by the way. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, kimi said:

I don't enjoy watching a boy and girl make out... even in the movies. I don't watch. I tend to get busy doing 'something' when I can tell it's the next scene. 

Makes me go 'yack' loool. I agree when Ivvy refers to preferences. Sometimes, it's just that and nothing more. Beautiful popcorn analogy there by the way. Lol. 

:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

20 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Lol.. 

Any queer series you can recommend for me pls?  ☺ 

None for now. Some people really dig sense8. Not totally queer but anyways ....

I watch every sex scene! Like even repeat it if I want. Why gay dudes in movies tend to struggle on the bed is beyond me, lol. With heterosexuals, I simply focus on the lady, like her body movements and stuff. 

So gay movie peeps, how many stars for "Noah's Arc. jumping the broom"??

29 minutes ago, dequeen said:

None for now. Some people really dig sense8. Not totally queer but anyways ....

Oh I have seen sense8..not bad anyway. 

Thanks. ☺