Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

When Did You Accept Your Sexuality?

FlyJ

• Administrators

At what age did you accept your sexuality?

Me - Age 12 but I didn't know what it was really... I came to full acceptance in my early twenties.

For the longest time, I thought it was marine spirit things...lol..

• Moderators

Hahahaha. I hail you o Fly!

I struggled for a very long time. I came to FULL acceptance 2years ago *covers face*

I made my journey (of no return) quite public I think... :P

Found out 10 years ago at age 16 after I kissed a girl for the first time but came to full acceptance in 2013

I always knew I like girls from the start, but I never thought it had a name or was it was until I was about 10/11. I never fought the feeling, just went with the flow...

Even when I was little, like 11/12, I kissed girls, I was a good girl tho, very good but I was and I still am attracted to girls. Got a lil story behind my sexuality. In 2014, It finally dawned on me how much I wanna be with a woman.

• Administrators

I don't know if I have. I am still watching it unsure.gif

Lol... did you get healed by the Holy Spirit? Lol...or you visited Apostle Suleman? :D :D

I knw when I clocked 14yrs then my friend (crush) told me she had a boyfriend I felt a strong hrtbrk tried to make her feel am d best person for her... I gt to accept 4 years ago and it feels Good to be ur real self.

Lol... did you get healed by the Holy Spirit? Lol...or you visited Apostle Suleman? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I hear hes sending money to peoples account, maybe i should go sef

• Administrators

After praying it away for about 8 years, finally accepted it at age 26. Been a trip of honest self discovery since then :)/>

Lol....apparently, prayer/deliverance works for some

Well I found out recently...I realised I like girls Cause I kinda fell in love with my roomate....but she's straight...lol

Well I found out recently...I realised I like girls Cause I kinda fell in love with my roomate....but she's straight...lol

Oops.

Hmmmm, falling in love with a straight girl, not an easy something.... Before somebody will die in silence.

As in @teewhy...it's not a joking sturv oh...hmmmm. .. living with someone I really love and she only sees me as her friend cause shes straight lol...she found out or guessed that I really liked her and sh took advantage of it...apparently

• Administrators

As in @teewhy...it's not a joking sturv oh...hmmmm. .. living with someone I really love and she only sees me as her friend cause shes straight lol...she found out or guessed that I really liked her and sh took advantage of it...apparently

Aww...how did she take advantage of it?

Still struggling. Sometimes it's intense like the people i'll disappoint and sometimes it's mild like "what will be will be".

I have always been attracted to women and I didn't know what it was called or that it was seen as a taboo until secondary school when I went to an all girls boarding house :) .Even then, I still didn't wrestle with it within myself

Still struggling. Sometimes it's intense like the people i'll disappoint and sometimes it's mild like "what will be will be".

*Hugs* Just try to choose whatever makes you happy.

• Administrators

I think you just got to do what makes you happy. You can still live your life without disappointing anyone...more like no one's knows what you truly are...