Nigerian couple flaunts on facebook

78-1.jpg

a-1.jpg

56-1.jpg

44.jpg

f-1.jpg

16195795_302093963522108_6521165064592822285_n.jpg

I admire them but I wouldn't do this in Nigeria... its just not safe

Ladies would you flaunt your relationship on social media if you are living in Nigeria?

• Moderators

Haaaaa. Hahahaha. I'm way too pretty to go do jail time abeg. My future is bright abeg. Hahahaha

This is sheer foolishness. Na wa. They are lucky the average Nigerian is not vocal and would rather overlook than take action. This complacent type of mindset also accounts for why the country is where it is with regards to development and the fight against corruption.

I laughed when i saw the pictures. I think it trended for a while sef. She even had a facebook post declaring her love for the femme. It cracked me up plenty.

Haaaaa. Hahahaha. I'm way too pretty to go do jail time abeg. My future is bright abeg. Hahahaha

This is sheer foolishness. Na wa. They are lucky the average Nigerian is not vocal and would rather overlook than take action. This complacent type of mindset also accounts for why the country is where it is with regards to development and the fight against corruption.

'I'm way too pretty to go do jail time abeg. My future is bright abeg'

lol best comment ever :D :D

Hahahaha

Wisdom wisdom wisdom!! ... As much as we all want to profess our love, we should also remember its illegal in our country for now, and abide by the laws.. Do your thing indoors... Besides, our society is too religious and hypocritical, it's safer not to freak people out..

• Administrators

Hahaha... it's truly sheer stupidity.

Easy on the insults people. Last I checked they are still alive and well. Not in jail, not attacked, just the meanness on social media. The more people come out, the easier it will be for the rest of the community. I need not mention how Bisi Alimi, Jide Mcaley, Pamela Adie, Otibho and the rest of them have paid, and continue to pay the price for the rest of us by being public, standing up in the senate, fighting unfair policies, and yes sometimes just being themselves and refusing to hide their love.

The earlier we normalize same-sex relationships, the more people make it a non-issue. Take in case Kenny Badmos, Lawrencia, Bobrisky etc...

Anyhoo, where am I going with this? Please stop insulting them. Do you, let them do them. We of all people should know that.

P.S

Who remembers the 2 Lagos girls that fought on twitter over cocaine and girlfriends. They trended for a day and since then, no one cares. They treated their lesbian relationship like a non-issue and all people really cared about was how much money they were blowing on coke...

• Moderators

Okay, so here goes...

When analyzing issues I tend to do it with as much objectivity and as devoid of sentiments as possible.

I do maintain that it wasn't a very wise move by the girls...

With respect to the wonderful people making their voices heard while putting all on the line for the community, I am sure their approach was very different.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is what it is. If one isn't ready to face the music or 'risk' then a high degree of safety must be applied at all times.

But of course and as always, to each her own :)

• Administrators

Easy on the insults people. Last I checked they are still alive and well. Not in jail, not attacked, just the meanness on social media. The more people come out, the easier it will be for the rest of the community. I need not mention how Bisi Alimi, Jide Mcaley, Pamela Adie, Otibho and the rest of them have paid, and continue to pay the price for the rest of us by being public, standing up in the senate, fighting unfair policies, and yes sometimes just being themselves and refusing to hide their love.

The earlier we normalize same-sex relationships, the more people make it a non-issue. Take in case Kenny Badmos, Lawrencia, Bobrisky etc...

Anyhoo, where am I going with this? Please stop insulting them. Do you, let them do them. We of all people should know that.

P.S

Who remembers the 2 Lagos girls that fought on twitter over cocaine and girlfriends. They trended for a day and since then, no one cares. They treated their lesbian relationship like a non-issue and all people really cared about was how much money they were blowing on coke...

Those guys are abroad though,and they have a safety net.

P.S

Twitter people are suave, cool, not nearly as homophobic as the average Nigerian. Moreover the story broke on "cool twitter", one of the people involved is a "hottie and a twitter celeb". One can understand how stuff like that will blow over. Plus it involved hot women, it was interesting to the ears and eyes.

The above is real life. They could have been mobbed. Lord knows if they were men they most likely would have. It wasn't a smart move.

ps the above people you named are in the diaspora (why?) and those that aren't must have long legs. I don't have long legs, if they arrest me and the LOML today, who will come and bail us? Definitely not my family or hers.

So nope, gotta use wisdom above all in this our country Nigeria.

Pamela in Lagos, Otibho (with her face on all newspapers and TV) is in Abuja, Olumide and Rashidi are in Lagos, Ifeanyi is in Abuja....these are all very OUT people. Living and working in Nigeria. Yes Jide and Bisi left, but for good reasons.

Anyways my point it this, these girls posted on 'cool Facebook' and got away with it. If others are insulting them, I don't expect us to to jump on that bandwagon

The people I know who are out are regular people.

Out and proud at work, at home, on twitter, on instagram.

Again, a gay man came out a few weeks ago and mentioned the idiot that had been blackmailing him. It was the blackmailer who got flack.

When it comes to individuals and their public displays of affection, it all comes down to the individuals. If ya'll aren't ready to come out, that is okay. For those who are ready to come out, that is also okay. There's a lot of space for everyone to do what is BEST FOR THEM...

I do maintain that it wasn't a very wise move by the girls...

/>

Agreed. But we all know the folly of youth. I remember when weird MC came out and got a lof of backlash. Shey she started dating a man and went back into the closet. Ah, the sheer folly of youth

Been seeing PDAs on facebook a lot lately. But the averagely thinking Nigerian would tell you "you are possessed" especially if you are a Yoruba. They will say "aye n shey e ni? As for me, would rather remain indoor till the air is clear for me to breathe and move freely, here I mean, do my PDA before one low-lifed someone will tell me I need deliverance. Ko jo rara.

• Administrators

Been seeing PDAs on facebook a lot lately. But the averagely thinking Nigerian would tell you "you are possessed" especially if you are a Yoruba. They will say "aye n shey e ni? As for me, would rather remain indoor till the air is clear for me to breathe and move freely, here I mean, do my PDA before one low-lifed someone will tell me I need deliverance. Ko jo rara.

Gbam!

This is what happens when people start listening to too much of that song "Locked-away" by R.city I think or watching too much Orange is the new black thinking it will be that cool for them in jail.

If you do not have any wealthy/solid connection, please do not try this at home. It's human beings in kirikiri, not aliens.

But is it safe though??, with the 14 year jail term scare hanging over heads. They do look cute together tho.

Yet they tried it, and are still fine. That should tell you nay sayers something....

• Administrators

Lol @milaz...you just murdered d situation bt u r right...na really Surulere babes...it's not safe practice and I wouldn't advice anyone to do this.

Its safe enough from all you are saying. On NL, on Snapchat, Facebook, BBM, even twitter. Seems people just want to find their daily bread as APC has decided to allow us all suffer. Ain't nobody got time for the gays (except for blackmail and extortion)