Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Group of lesbians brutally beaten by 15 homophobic men outside nightclub

FlyJ

• Administrators

lesbianattack3.jpg

A group of lesbian friends were allegedly beaten by a gang of over 15 men in a shocking homophobic attack outside a nightclub.

The eight women had been enjoying a night out last Sunday in Portsmouth when the men started shouting abuse at them.

The taunts then turned violent after one men punched one of the women so hard, she lost seven of her front teeth.

Another woman was left bleeding and fitting on the floor following the incident at around 11.25pm on April 16.

The victims, aged 23, 24, 25, 27 and 32, did not wish to be named but pictures of their injuries show the damage done in the attack.

As others rushed to help the woman, who had been knocked to the ground, other men allegedly joined in the attack.

One victim, 23, said: ‘In the first punch seven of my top teeth were knocked out, and my jaw was fractured.

‘It seemed like the attack went on forever but the police are telling us it only lasted for around 10 minutes.’

The woman’s sister, who witnessed the attack, added: ‘I was begging them to stop. It wasn’t until they heard the sirens that they ran off.

‘They hit the 32-year-old woman at least 20 or 30 times, I’d say.

‘When they were done, they just dropped her like she was nothing and ran back into the club.

‘I then turned round and saw another man stamping on a woman’s head and another girl was fitting on the floor.

‘It was horrendous, I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve had nightmares about it since it happened.’

A second victim, 25, added: ‘There was children there and the women were begging them to stop – it was like a riot.’

The 32-year-old woman said she was pushed against the shutters of a shop when the attack started and could not escape as her attackers circled her.

She said: ‘There was a massive group of at last seven attacking me and they were just punching me.’

A spokeswoman from Hampshire police said they were investigating the attack, but revealed they were yet to charge anyone.

Source

• Like 1

No matter how many laws are out there or how accepting the community are for the LGBTQI. people are still going to hate and pathetic men who can't stand their sorry, disgusting lives will still want to claim supremacy because they know they're weak. :angry: :angry:

I'm actually just numb. Hatred everywhere, people frustrated with their lives looking for a place to vent. Quite saddening.

• 4 weeks later...

Same - gender loving people are second to the biggest single minority group of oppressed people in the world.. The sad but bitter truth is this.. The hate crimes are very real.

I find it baffling of the fact, that most queer persons are unaware how hostile and somewhat unsafe the environment could be.

Nobody said don't have "fun".. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but first be self- conscious of the unseen dangers that might lay ahead and try observe it, to avoid stories like this. I think its the only way to not get assaulted by homophobes.

Wish them quick recovery sha.

Same - gender loving people are second to the biggest single minority group of oppressed people in the world.. The sad but bitter truth is this.. The hate crimes are very real.

I find it baffling of the fact, that most queer persons are unaware how hostile and somewhat unsafe the environment could be.

Nobody said don't have "fun".. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but first be self- conscious of the unseen dangers that might lay ahead and try observe it, to avoid stories like this. I think its the only way to not get assaulted by homophobes.

Wish them quick recovery sha.

Give this girl a Beer.