Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Do You Have a "Keeper"?

FlyJ

• Administrators

c9c80615a93a102726dd94659af2d744.jpg

Playing the field is a whole lot of fun, but so is being in a serious relationship -- provided that it's with the right woman. But how do you know if she really is the right woman for you?

Some women posses traits that are so wonderful, that if you catch her, hold on to her for dear life! You don’t want to run the risk of having some other woman swoop down and steal her away from you.

So - what are the traits of wonderful women?

She's independent

No one wants a girlfriend they have to baby-sit. Once in a while -- like if she's had a bad day -- it's great to be the nurturer. But if she can't seem to function without you and is constantly after you, she will eventually make you feel like you're suffocating, which is a surefire way to get you running for the nearest exit. On the other hand, if she has her very own personality and opinions; can stand on her own two feet, both financially and emotionally; and is able to enjoy time away from you (while still missing you, of course) then she must be a great girlfriend.

She's intelligent, yet not pompous

The beautiful bimbo routine can only last a few nights, my friends... it gets real old, real fast. A woman who can meet you at an intellectual level is a total turn-on. Instead of being the one in total control, you'll find yourself trying to figure out what’s really going on in that brain of hers.

An intelligent woman will constantly surprise you and keep you on your toes -- she won't let you get bored of her. Besides, it's nice to have something to talk about when you’re not, er, otherwise occupied.

While intelligence is a great turn on, if she is abusive (always right) and gives the impression that she is superior, all the sexy deep conversations that you may have with her can become ugly shows of superiority. A real woman knows better than to berate others, to make herself feel above others.

She's sexual

A great girlfriend has to be sexually compatible with you. For instance, if you're the hardcore leather type and she's the dainty lingerie type, well, that could be a problem if you are both not open to experimenting. The two of you have to be on the same page -- or she at least has to be willing to expand her sexual horizons from time to time.

She's beautiful/handsome and confident

I know, this one is kind of obvious, but important nonetheless. A great girlfriend will not only want to look good for you, but also for herself. She dresses well, always looks her best and has the confidence and pride in how she carries herself and her appearance.

She respects you and protects you!

This is a biggie. Your woman must respect you and be protective of you. This means that she listens to you, even if she doesn't necessarily agree with what you're saying. And, again, she never tries to demean or belittle you in any way, shape, or form.

She lets you be a free

Do not -- I repeat -- do not get involved with a woman who tries to get you to eat cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast and insists that you give up poker night with your girlies. You will end up resenting her more than you can imagine. A good girlfriend lets you be all of the aspects that make you- you!

She has to understand that two people whom are committed to each other grow separately but together. And of course, you should have the same considerations for her!

She's nagless

There is nothing worse than a nag!

A great girlfriend knows this and chooses her battles wisely. She knows when to speak-up and when to let it slide. You don't want a girlfriend who will give you hell for leaving a couple of dishes in the sink occasionally.

However, if you live together and you stay out all night without calling her, and she lets you have it, then you're setting yourself up for disaster. This is a situation that nobody would let slide -- not even a great girlfriend.

#***

She gets along with friends & family

Whether you have family nearby or you consider your friends your family, a great girlfriend will not only help your brother in the kitchen, listen to your dad's stories, and hang out with your friends, she will enjoy it. She'll make a real effort to get to know and love the most important people in your life. And she won't try to get you to ditch your best buds.

She loves you

If you have found a woman who loves you for who you really are and not who you pretend or try to be sometimes, you should definitely hang on to her. A woman who doesn't try to change you is hard to find. Of course, everyone has their slightly annoying habits that their mate has to contend with, but if she really loves you, she will be able to cope with these.

Another way to know if she really loves you is by observing the way she looks at you and treats you on an everyday basis. If the sight of you doesn't seem to faze her either way, and she doesn't really seem to care about what you have to say, she's either playing very hard to get, or sees you as just some guy. But if a surprise visit or phone call from you makes her light up, there's no denying that she loves you.

She makes you want to be a better woman

Stop making that face... Any lesbian who has a great girlfriend or wife will tell you that she makes her want to be a better person. She doesn't have to say or do anything; it just is that way. If you suddenly feel bad about how you treated your sister or find yourself trying to get your finances in order, you might want to think about your motivation for doing so. It could be love.

So, you say... you already have her.....?

So, if this list seems to describe your current flame, you, my friend, are styling. In fact, you are probably the envy of all of your friends, even if they tease you for losing your status as "the player."

However, if the woman you are dating is more like the polar opposite, then I don't think that getting serious with her would be in your best interest -- but you knew that already, didn't you?

Source

• Moderators

I very well think I have a keeper...

Where's Hawken my boo boo baby love? Come read this baby.

safe in the sense that, i can take her out on a date and be able to do little things like hug her, hold her hand when we eat and give her a kiss, without people wanting to beat the hell out of us in public. there is no need in having a wife if i am going to look like her friend or sister out in public

This was a good one...i hope I find that special one someday ...sadly single atm.

Me too..I hope so too..very soon

Me too..I hope so too..very soon

Mmmm....hotsauce..this your name has me feeling some type of way

The important question we should also ask is, AM I A KEEPER? Do I tick all those boxes? Will someone want to put a ring on it? :unsure:/>

• Administrators

The important question we should also ask is, AM I A KEEPER? Do I tick all those boxes? Will someone want to put a ring on it? :unsure:/>/>

True!

I. Am definitely a keeper. I am all those things and more only my trouble, I can trouble for Africa. But overall helping the one you love achieve her goals and dreams is essential.

• Administrators

I. Am definitely a keeper. I am all those things and more only my trouble, I can trouble for Africa. But overall helping the one you love achieve her goals and dreams is essential.

Lol...dts cool you mentioned urself as a keeper...good for you!

I am definitely a keeper. Even a time keeper, lol. Talk abt time, care, gists (I talk alot), what have you, you got it. The thing abt me is, I will spank your ass oooo. How would I even date you without having a positive and great impact in you? Ko jo rara...

I very well think I have a keeper...

Where's Hawken my boo boo baby love? Come read this baby.

Awwwn baby biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

But you don't protect me though oh.

Remember that day at the mall? That guy that thought he could beat me? You ran and went to wait in the car mellow.gifmellow.gif

Remember that day at the mall? That guy that thought he could beat me? You ran and went to wait in the car mellow.gifmellow.gif

• Moderators

Hahahaha. I was trying to keep us safe jor. It would have gotten really bloody wih my fist all over his face If i hadn't gone for a time-out. :unsure:

Hahahaha. I was trying to keep us safe jor. It would have gotten really bloody wih my fist all over his face If i hadn't gone for a time-out. unsure.gif

LOOL na sorolleyes.gif