Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

‘Stop going to prayer mountains because of breast cancer’

FlyJ

• Administrators

2B258A5A00000578-3186950-image-m-21_1438862416877.jpg

The wife of Ondo Governor, Mrs. Betty Akeredolu, said on Sunday that breast cancer has nothing to do with spiritual attack.

Akeredolu, who is the facilitator of an NGO, Breast Cancer Association of Nigeria, said women still require more information to go for early detection and management of the health condition.

She said that her organisation was raising awareness on the danger of cancer as the disease had killed a lot of women in the society.

The governor’s wife told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ibadan that some people still believe that cancer has no cure and is caused by juju and other spiritual attacks.

“I can openly say that breast cancer is a medical issue and if the right thing is done at the right time, which is early detection as well as presenting one to the medical doctor early, it will save a lot of things.

“Women can do early self breast examination. In our campaign, we have dwelt a lot on early self breast examination by women.

“Women knowing how their breasts look like, how their breasts feel like, so that they will be able to detect any change and they should go to the hospital on time.

“They should stop going to prayer mountains because their pastors would tell them that their breast cancer was due to spiritual attack.

“Rubbing any form of olive oil, be it from Jerusalem or anywhere, will not work,” Mrs. Akeredolu stressed.

She advised women to use three fingers to feel or massage their breasts at least once a month after their monthly menstruation in order to detect any changes.

The governor’s wife disclosed that her group assist indigent women suffering from cancer with financial support to settle their medical bills.

She urged various levels of government in the country to give priority to health issues affecting women.

Source

• Like 1

• Administrators

Everything is not the doing of witches/angry neighbours/distant family members etc. If you are sick, get yourself to a medical professional.

• Like 1

correct me if I'm wrong. I think the woman herself is also a survivor of the disease.

Early detection cannot be over emphasised.

• Moderators

“Rubbing any form of olive oil, be it from Jerusalem or anywhere, will not work,” Mrs. Akeredolu stressed.

That got me reeling. I gaven't stopped

My state Governor's wife just said the truth. Many people going to ori oke because of what na? Visit a good hospital, see a good medical doctor and get treated and pray while you get the treatment. My mum died of cancer some 8years ago but not breast cancer, we didn't detect early. Damn!! I too fear that thing. That shit rendered me motherless. Early detection and frequent medical checkups is the best. To be a survivor is better to be a dead person. If you are feeling any pain, don't be shy to visit the hospital, government hospitals and not those private ones. I always preach against self-medication, it doesn't work, or drinking agbo(herbs).

True that... I even doubt my self-examination. I try to get a doctor to feel me up at least twice a year. That's the only way I can be sure, jare...

P.s sorry about your mum.

My state Governor's wife just said the truth. Many people going to ori oke because of what na? Visit a good hospital, see a good medical doctor and get treated and pray while you get the treatment. My mum died of cancer some 8years ago but not breast cancer, we didn't detect early. Damn!! I too fear that thing. That shit rendered me motherless. Early detection and frequent medical checkups is the best. To be a survivor is better to be a dead person. If you are feeling any pain, don't be shy to visit the hospital, government hospitals and not those private ones. I always preach against self-medication, it doesn't work, or drinking agbo(herbs).

True that... I even doubt my self-examination. I try to get a doctor to feel me up at least twice a year. That's the only way I can be sure, jare...

P.s sorry about your mum.

Thank you. Twice a year is OK but could be better. I try to visit a good doctor at least 4 times in a year. That's every 3months.

@Teewhy sorry about your mum.. I might sound too religious but erm God heals oo. Early detection is still necessary tho

• Administrators

Aww sorry about your mum.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Teewhy sorry about your mum.. I might sound too religious but erm God heals oo. Early detection is still necessary tho

Lol what does he heal though? Lies aside

• Like 1

I know God heals but some religious fanatics will neglect medication/hospital for one ori oke like that. Some might even have chronic illness but will prefer anointing oil and holy water than seeing a medical doctor.

• Administrators

Free thinker more like it. I just couldn't deal with the inconsistencies in Christianity and the constant misinterpretation from Pastors. That aside, I honestly don't know if God truly heals.

• Like 1

Free thinker more like it. I just couldn't deal with the inconsistencies in Christianity and the constant misinterpretation from Pastors. That aside, I honestly don't know if God truly heals.

I get your point. When you get to know God personally, not through the eyes of any pastor or imam, you will find out He's not complicated. Well Miracles do happen.