Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons marries his long-term boyfriend

FlyJ

• Administrators

GettyImages-645896030_640x345_acf_cropped.jpg

Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons has married his long-term boyfriend.

Parsons, the highest-paid gay actor in the world at an estimated $1 million per episode, was wed to his partner of 14 years, Todd Spiewak, on Saturday night.

The ceremony was conducted in the Rainbow Room, a glamorous New York landmark in the Rockefeller Plaza, according to Page Six.

Jim-Parsons-and-husband-2-650x650.jpg

Rates at the venue start at $400 per person for five hours, it is understood.

While Parsons has been together with Spiewak for nearly a decade and a half, the actor only came out in 2012, when a New York Times writer outed him.

The actor, who plays Sheldon Cooper on the show – which was renewed for seasons 11 and 12 earlier this year – generally keeps his private life to himself.

He has not confirmed the wedding news himself, but but last year he posted in celebration of his 14-year anniversary with Spiewak with a ridiculously sweet message.

Parsons, 44, wrote: “I met this guy (the one with the mic) 14 years ago today and it was the best thing that ever happened to me, no contest.

“One of his greatest gifts to me is that he no longer takes me to sing karaoke.

Also, I believe this was a selfie with an actual camera, as our phones couldn’t do that back then hahaha!”

Funnily enough, his wedding to the graphic designer comes days after a season finale of The Big Bang Theory in which Sheldon proposed to his girlfriend Amy.

Parsons has long backed away from saying if he intended to marry his partner, telling Ellen DeGeneres in 2014 when she asked him why they hadn’t got married: “I don’t know. That’s a hard one.

“You get used to your life as it is.”

Fans have been posting on Parsons’ Instagram account to celebrate the star’s special day, with one writing: “Congratulations to Todd and you, Jim.

“Couldn’t have happened to a nicer two young men [sic]. Fills my heart to know your love will be always and forever”.

Jim-Parsons-and-husband.jpg

Another said: “Congratulations to you & Todd on your wedding.

“Wishes for love, kindness & a lifetime of beautiful memories.”

In March, Parsons and his other male co-workers took a pay-cut of $100,000 each so that female actors on the show could get a pay rise.

His character is set to get his own spin-off show later this year. The show will feature a younger Sheldon growing up in Texas with his right-wing family.

Jim-Parsons-instagram-wedding_640x345_acf_cropped.jpg

Source

• Like 1

I never knew he was gay before this whole wedding thing. But I'm so not surprised.

Point of note is the hollywood pay difference nonsense. That nonsense is as old as time.

Wow, Happy married life to him. Maybe proposing to Amy gave him the courage to finally get married in real life.

I know right!. Best wishes to them.

Wow, Happy married life to him. Maybe proposing to Amy gave him the courage to finally get married in real life.

One day! But not anytime soon...... 90% of gay in Nigeria love experiments than long time commitment so the future is really cloudy ....... I tell you

One day! But not anytime soon...... 90% of gay in Nigeria love experiments than long time commitment so the future is really cloudy ....... I tell you

Ermm...that's not true

I'm so happy for them ...I remember watching him on Ellen and her asking him to get married and he kept saying she was acting like his mom.

Ermm...that's not true

What make you think otherwise, because as raw and unlikely that sounds, its just the bitter truth. Take it or leave it

• Administrators

Its quite sad but I agree with you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Speak for yourselves, then speak to more people. I'm tired of giving examples of queer Nigerians in long term relationships.