Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Manchester United win Europa League final

FlyJ

• Administrators

skysports-europa-league_3962091.jpg

Manchester United lifted the Europa League trophy after an emotional 2-0 victory over Ajax on Wednesday night in Stockholm.

Paul Pogba's deflected strike in the 18th minute and Henrikh Mkhitaryan's close-range goal (48) secured United's second trophy of the season and a result which may offer some joy to the city of Manchester following a devastating week.

Victory also earns the club a place in next season's Champions League group stage and justifies the decision of manager Jose Mourinho to prioritise this competition in recent months.

skysports-smalling-pogba-man-utd-ajax-europa-league_3962071.jpg

The celebrations of the fans and players at the full-time whistle were, however, tempered by thoughts of the terrorist attack at Manchester Arena on Monday evening, which prompted heightened security at the Friends Arena and a sombre build-up to the showpiece match.

Many supporters carried signs in tribute to the victims of the tragedy and there were chants of 'Manchester, Manchester' following a period of silence ahead of kick-off.

skysports-paul-pogba-manchester-united_3961986.jpg

skysports-pogba-man-utd-ajax-europa-league_3961989.jpg

skysports-henrikh-mkhitaryan-man-utd-ajax-europa-league_3962029.jpg

DAoIMccXsAECw7l.jpg

Source

• Like 1

Who killed it? Pleeeassse... if we want to look for who killed it in premier I will say Tottenham. When did Man U start being over excited for Europa League? Some body had to win it though and they just killed so many people in their city. The populace can use this one to clean tears small after Sunday's tragedy .

Hater

Who killed it? Pleeeassse... if we want to look for who killed it in premier I will say Tottenham. When did Man U start being over excited for Europa League? Some body had to win it though and they just killed so many people in their city. The populace can use this one to clean tears small after Sunday's tragedy .

Hater

• Administrators

Lol! Tottenham my foot! I rather win the Europa League and be in the champions league than finish second winning nothing. Lol. Don't hate o.

• Like 1