Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Random Thoughts

kimi

26 minutes ago, contessa said:

I m sleepy as f***k....and I m at work! There's no pretty way of doing this.....😖😖😖😖😖😖😖😖.  I m shamelessly going to sleep in my office like someone whose wife harasses her at home....

Sleep it's not a crime abeg 

2 minutes ago, Gimbiyya said:

Sleep it's not a crime abeg 

It is o.... What if a client comes in by mistake or worse my boss! With my luck, that is very possible....

22 minutes ago, contessa said:

It is o.... What if a client comes in by mistake or worse my boss! With my luck, that is very possible....

That's true sha. Oya goan drink coffee

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gimbiyya said:

Atoh the guy fit dey feel like one Jagaban oh. :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Lol. That is ehen wasted effort. Lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, scarlet said:

The average Nigerian man is an egomaniac chest beater, who's unrepentantly arrogant, posturing and prancing around like a deceased Harambe gorilla. does not like to be corrected. 

Wow. Hate much? 

12 hours ago, dreamgal said:

Wow. Hate much? 

hate? Nah, that's a strong word.. I only expressed appellation at the "disgusting mannerism" portrayed by men in Nigeria.

• 1 month later...

Most Nigerian Christians sometimes make Christianity seem like a joke, nobody said be like Christ, ( we all know that's very unattainable) all I'm saying is act like someone who a least knows Christ, so when you say " I'm Christian" it sounds believable. Sighs

21 hours ago, scarlet said:

Most Nigerian Christians sometimes make Christianity seem like a joke...

Aren't they all jokes? These religions, especially the Abrahamic ones. I find them all ridiculous.

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:36 PM, scarlet said:

Most Nigerian Christians sometimes make Christianity seem like a joke, nobody said be like Christ, ( we all know that's very unattainable) all I'm saying is act like someone who a least knows Christ, so when you say " I'm Christian" it sounds believable. Sighs

Nobody will say "be like christ" but they can ask for your hard earned money and use it to buy clean shoes and wears, buy expensive cars and fly in private jets and hire tight securities and bouncers.  African Christianity sha! 

18 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

Aren't they all jokes? These religions, especially the Abrahamic ones. I find them all ridiculous.

Nope.  I don't find them ridiculous, I just find  some of  those persons who practice it ridiculous, because of how petty their perspective and outlook towards some certain things are.  I presume you're an atheist?  

16 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Nobody will say "be like christ" but they can ask for your hard earned money and use it to buy clean shoes and wears, buy expensive cars and fly in private jets and hire tight securities and bouncers.  African Christianity sha! 

Sadly, I would have to agree with you that there is a fundamental flaw with how so many self acclaimed, conventional pastors disseminates the Gospel of Christ. Gone are the those days where pastors hints on the emulation of Christ and truth. Its all about the money now, hence the unprecedented moral decadence.  The church has lost its value, so to say. 

2 hours ago, scarlet said:

Nope.  I don't find them ridiculous, I just find  some of  those persons who practice it ridiculous, because of how petty their perspective and outlook towards some certain things are.  I presume you're an atheist?  

Yea I don't identify with any these religions. Well if you look closely you'll realized that it's not the adherents of these beliefs that are actually petty but the absurdity of belief itself thus making the followers look petty.

6 hours ago, scarlet said:

Sadly, I would have to agree with you that there is a fundamental flaw with how so many self acclaimed, conventional pastors disseminates the Gospel of Christ. Gone are the those days where pastors hints on the emulation of Christ and truth. Its all about the money now, hence the unprecedented moral decadence.  The church has lost its value, so to say

You talking about the old time religion where they preached the true salvation and guide your path to righteousness that would lead one to heaven. The new religion now, they show you how to make money by dropping your money in the name of seed sowing. Some will even tell you to speak into your seed like you are consulting ifa olokun. They ride in expensive bullet proof jeeps while the poor church members buy themselves the pastors' pictures and glaze them in their homes or in form of stickers plastered on their cars, pastor sef no wan die. I pity the gullible ones. 

9 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

Yea I don't identify with any these religions. Well if you look closely you'll realized that it's not the adherents of these beliefs that are actually petty but the absurdity of belief itself thus making the followers look petty.

Oh. I see, one has to stand on fully de - consecrated grounds to be an atheist. but Well, unfortunately I am not an atheist, so I am not in the business of impugning the existence of the divine. ( irrespective of the religion), I guess the different is perception. And I very much respect your stance. So, it'd be pointless to try and make you see things from the my point of view.  But just so you know, I would not say that religion specifically  (abrahamic ) view is absurd, to me  it's simply self - limiting

Anyways we shan't be diving into this religion ish, since both of us are clearly of different  point of view.  

5 hours ago, Teewhy said:

You talking about the old time religion where they preached the true salvation and guide your path to righteousness that would lead one to heaven. The new religion now, they show you how to make money by dropping your money in the name of seed sowing. Some will even tell you to speak into your seed like you are consulting ifa olokun. They ride in expensive bullet proof jeeps while the poor church members buy themselves the pastors' pictures and glaze them in their homes or in form of stickers plastered on their cars, pastor sef no wan die. I pity the gullible ones. 

We are both saying the same thing hun. If you read my previous post, I had no choice but to agree with you. What you listed up there, is just the bitter Gospel truth.

Ofcourse I know you're theist and I repect that. It's good you agree that these religions are self-limiting which is the more reason why I wonder, Instead of sitting idly in heaven as human languish in confusion with all of these thousands of self-limiting religions and denominations that cant agree on what God wants from us. An all-knowing deity would know that whispering the most important information for all humanity to a handful of illiterate desert bedouins is a preposterously ineffective means of communication. 

@scarlet I wouldn't want to dive into this religion thing either especially since theists finds it discomforting whenever the beliefs they hold sacred is being scrutinized. I just couldn't resist the urge of not replying when you said most Nigerian Christians make christianity look like a joke.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:24 PM, scarlet said:

Touché and ouch

2 hours ago, FlyJ said:

Isn't religion modern day slavery?

You can ask that again. The annoying part is, the gullible slaves do not know they are into slavery. Religion is a broad day light robbery. 

4 hours ago, FlyJ said:

Isn't religion modern day slavery? 

No,i don't think it is. Some religions, for instance Christianity (when unadulterated)  is actually very liberating.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Teewhy said:

You can ask that again. The annoying part is, the gullible slaves do not know they are into slavery. Religion is a broad day light robbery. 

Unfortunately, this is the sad thing about religion. Some argue it gives hope, but I honestly don't see that. I think it takes away the ability for people to think logically. People tend to suspend their senses when it comes to religious matters which I think is due to fear.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bluelion said:

No,i don't think it is. Some religions, for instance Christianity (when unadulterated)  is actually very liberating.

My opinion - I don't see it as liberating rather I see it as limiting.