Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Wait, are those M&Ms lesbians?

FlyJ

• Administrators

Mms2-min.jpg

Wait, are those M&Ms gay?

It’s probably a question you’ve never asked yourself, and even more surprisingly the answer might be yes.

The chocolate brand actually made the subtle revelation on Twitter a couple years ago.

The official M&M Twitter account shared a picture of the two female characters representing green and brown M&Ms, on a beach holding hands.

The caption says: “It’s rare Ms. Brown and I get to spend time together without some colourful characters barging in. – Ms. Green”

The little-noticed revelation that the characters are lesbians has gone viral on Twitter this week.

It’s fair to say people couldn’t be happier.

One user wrote: “Kinda cool political statement on behalf of a big American brand – LGBTQ relationships are normal.

“Reminder: candy still bad 4 u :)/>/>”

Others reacted with various messages of support.

M&Ms are far from alone in celebrating LGBT diversity.

Skittles gave up their usually-colourful packaging for Pride last year, with a message explaining that “only one rainbow deserves to be the centre of attention” during the celebrations.

Of course, they always carry the risk of angering the anti-LGBT movement.

Back in 2014, Burger King launched the ‘Proud Whopper’, selling a limited edition Pride-themed burger in one San Francisco restaurant.

Anti-LGBT activists claimed that the burger would soon replace all heterosexual burgers across the chain’s restaurants.

A radio host warned: “The concern obviously is that is this isn’t bottled up in San Francisco, this kind of nonsense, then it’s going to be spreading across the entire plane, and you’re going to be going to your Burger King in De Moines, Iowa, and you’re going to have a rainbow coloured wrapper for your Whopper.

“You know, I think this is a marketing mistake, I think it’s a bonehead move from a marketing standpoint because I’ve got a guarantee… when people sit down to eat a hamburger, the last thing they want to be thinking about is two guys having sex.”

Source

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

Errr.... i'm thinking I could do Brown and the Mrs could do Green or vice versa :D

Feel free to drop by our house for the other colours which would not be eaten from henceforth :angry: