Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Health benefits of honey

FlyJ

• Administrators

natural-honey.jpg

The health benefits of honey are too numerous to be named, but here are the key ones:

For hangovers

When you get a hangover from drinking too much alcohol, combat its effects by applying honey remedy. Honey is gentle on the stomach and contains a mix of natural sugars such fructose which is known to speed up the oxidation of alcohol by the liver, acting as a ‘sobering’ agent. Follow this recipe: 15ml of liquid honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of natural yogurt. Blend them together until smooth.

For sore throats

One of the better known health benefits of honey is that it is able to help treat sore throats. Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, honey not only soothes throats but can also kill certain bacteria that cause the infection. Professional singers commonly use honey to soothe their throats before performances. The Chinese believe that excess “heatiness” in the body causes sore throat and taking honey drink can be helpful. Direction: Take a spoonful of honey to soothe the inflammation or gargle with a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, four tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Personally, whenever I have a sore throat or cough, I especially like to take warm water mixed with Manuka UMF honey which is well-known for its anti-bacterial healing properties.

For sleeplessness

Unable to sleep? Use the famous Milk and Honey Remedy. Take a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey to calm the soul and induce sleep. Or, add one or two teaspoons of honey to a cup of chamomile tea and sip.

Source

• Like 1

The only honey I need in my life is Hawken my boo angry.gif

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Love of my life, missed me?

And, you can also use honey for sex i was told mellow.gif