Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Five Relationship Mistakes Lesbians Don't Have To Make

FlyJ

• Administrators

black-lesbian-women.jpg

I’m a single, 52 year-old stud. Since my wife died two years ago, I’m just not interested in another relationship. Angel and I were together for seven years. I learned a lot while we were together.

And now I watch my friends, family members and co-workers who are my age make crazy mistakes that they are too old to make.

Just this morning, I overheard my straight neighbors fussing and they both seem too intelligent to be fussing over money this late in the game. They moved into an apartment together and ran out of McDonald’s money. I couldn’t believe they were yelling at the top of their lungs over a Big Mac. LOL.

Anyway, thank God I’m not those fools.

Life Doesn’t Have to be Messy

A lot of black lesbians I know fussed over similar things. It took me a while but I learned. I learned by watching other lesbians make the same mistakes. If you’re smart, you’ll heed the warning signs long before you’re confronted with mess.

I hope the younger women coming up won’t make some of these basic mistakes and if they do, they don’t make them more than once. Remember these five things and you’ll be good:

1) Women are NOT sex toys. Treat your woman as gentle as you would a kitten. Don’t forget to pamper her. The woman you love needs TLC. Even if she doesn’t ask for it, you should still do it.

2) Never cheat! If you still have the itch to play around, it’s best not to start a relationship. Stay single for a while. It’s better for everybody that way.

***) Make sure you can support yourself and her too. And this applies to studs and femmes! Save for a rainy day so that if something goes wrong, you can pay all her bills and yours too! Last week, I was in the club watching baby studs pull out wads of cash for drinks they can’t even pronounce. I really wish they would get their priorities in order.

4) Never take on more than you can handle. Relationships should be about teamwork, not one person working like a mule. Your partner should contribute regardless of how much money she makes.

5) Don’t take on a lady with a bunch of kids, unless the father is supporting HIS children. Don’t forget the children are the Baby Daddy’s responsibility, not yours!

Some of these things may be obvious, but it’s amazing how obvious it is not to step in dog poo, give out information over the phone to strangers or lose your wallet at the ATM, but it happens. Did I mention that I’m happy being single? Being single is not so bad if you do it right!

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators

#word Nice piece of advice there. Stuff most of us already know but as always, a reminder never hurt anyone.