Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Someone Like You?

kimi

• Moderators

When on the look out for a girlfriend/ partner, are you more likely to go for someone just like you (lol. For people like me who can't get enough of themselves. *jokes*) or do you tend to be drawn to the more opposites?

For those currently in relationships and for those who have once loved, What was that defining attribute that made it crystal clear that she is/was the one?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm normally attracted to girls like me, but my best relationship was with someone with opposite attributes. It was a good blend. So I guess sometimes what you think you want isn't what you need.

• Upvote 1

I would definitely go for an opposite. It makes the relationship more interesting

:P

Remove my temper issues and character wise i'd love someone like me. However, i am currently with someone who is way better than i am in many ways and yes we are alike. I don't even know how i did it biggrin.gif Honestly, i aspire to her level of everything,

Defining attribute was her calmness. Madam is always so calm, mostly in an argument. It is both annoying and a turn on. We've been together a year and she hasn't lost her temper not once. Me i lose my temper left and right. I can't wait for the day she finally loses her temper so i can be like "ahh, there you are smile.gif".

My previous relationship was with someone who was my opposite, it didn't do very well. It was quite passionate though because we were always fighting and then having make up sex. But nah, i'd skip all that.

• Moderators

Remove my temper issues and character wise i'd love someone like me. However, i am currently with someone who is way better than i am in many ways and yes we are alike. I don't even know how i did it biggrin.gif Honestly, i aspire to her level of everything,

Defining attribute was her calmness. Madam is always so calm, mostly in an argument. It is both annoying and a turn on. We've been together a year and she hasn't lost her temper not once. Me i lose my temper left and right. I can't wait for the day she finally loses her temper so i can be like "ahh, there you are smile.gif".

My previous relationship was with someone who was my opposite, it didn't do very well. It was quite passionate though because we were always fighting and then having make up sex. But nah, i'd skip all that.

Awwwh.... thanks boo for highlighting my strengths ans appreciating me so publicly. Love you to the moon and back baby girl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Moderators

Awwwh... don't feel lonely @ Majesty and keep the hope alive @ Jenny. I remember those days when It felt like I wouldn't meet someone who I could call my very own. I simply stayed active here and it's how I got noticed...

Who woyld have thought that we would be such an amazing pair... one day we were only online buddies and now the rest is history. I must say that I am indeed a lucky woman. I am blessed and not for a day would I take for granted our love and journey.

Thanks guys... your kind words mean the world to us

You are amazing #DFW...

• Downvote 1

AMEN oo..... sometimes d one we are looking for might just be right in front of us but we fail to see it

AMEN oo..... sometimes d one we are looking for might just be right in front of us but we fail to see it

lol...Oya go and wash your face again with hypo so that you see better...

look well o, she may be closer than you think.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol...Oya go and wash your face again with hypo so that you see better...

look well o, she may be closer than you think.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

.......abi o...hahaha. ..

Hmmmm.my ex was kind of like me tho cos we are actually bufday mates.she was the first and only gul I have had.I got married and she stayed away......but believe me she's a striker.....she too like woman.

My dear...Dont worry, we re plenty Boo-Less gals in here, u re not alone so take heart

, keep praying and searching and then most importantly - keep appreciating beautiful unions

like KIMI & HAWKEN, Your miracle is on the way...Shout Amen sumbori.

Preach on pastor.

• Moderators

Majesty and Jenny don't mind this two people o.

I'm happy for you Hawken, hope she reads this

Hahaha. Kmt. See this person o... you want to pour sand in my garri. Hawken is mine now okay, please let the past stay in the past. Nothing to prove anymore. People privy to our battle last year know full well that I am not and have never cheated on her. Please let us be. Let our love soar. #lovewins

Tell her baby, tell her!! I am your one and only and you are mine! #lovewins

@jenny and @majesty, thanks for your appreciation. But i have to tell you love doesn't happen overnight. The trick in my opinion is not to look for it. Just go about your daily waka and love will happen on the way. This is not to say if you see someone one you like you shouldn't chase her oh. Chase her! Chase her well! Its part of the daily waka we are talking about biggrin.gif

*pours holy water on this thread of lies*

Kimi and Hawkeen why are you scaring the newbies away? Is that how you're denying our Single AF club, me that I made Tshirts for all of us? Please all of you should feel free and slide into their DMs. They are still members of the Single AF club :P

• Haha 1

LMAOO Althena, see. There is nothing a woman wants more than what she can't have (so i have heard). Why are you trying to spoil our carefully laid out plans?

• 2 weeks later...

*Evaluating my very short lesbian career...

Ok... I definitely prefer opposites in many traits... Slim to my chubby, calm to my paranoia, slightly passive to my exuberance. I d like similarities to my fluidity (i m as unstable as popcorn in a microwave) so as to cushion my twists n downtimes... (does that make sense?). Not tall abeg, cant be looking up to behold thine face <_< , and have ass....(ok i only have standard issued ass but that's not the point here!)

• Administrators

*Evaluating my very short lesbian career...

Ok... I definitely prefer opposites in many traits... Slim to my chubby, calm to my paranoia, slightly passive to my exuberance. I d like similarities to my fluidity (i m as unstable as popcorn in a microwave) so as to cushion my twists n downtimes... (does that make sense?). Not tall abeg, cant be looking up to behold thine face <_</>/> , and have ass....(ok i only have standard issued ass but that's not the point here!)

Haha @ the bolded. Too funny.

• kimi unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...