Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Looking for that special gal

Just got back on the site , I was off for a while .I am Bisexual. I'd like to meet a very nice gal here .

Don't label yourself...don't the world do enough of that already?

This site never fails to shock me. First the transphobia, then the blatant biphobia. We are our own problem oh.

So much discrimination within the community one doesn't even need straight people to feel unwelcome or judged.

That said, Welcome back Teena. I do hope you meet a very nice girl here

• Moderators

Hmmm...

Phobia does seem like a strong term. Sometimes it is only a preference. In the case above, that comment didn't come off too well so I understand why it could be seen as that. Just thought I should throw this in there :)

Welcome back Teena

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why!?!

Why?? Because to Nigerian girls , bi means I have a serious boyfriend or a husband but I still like to sleep with girls, sleep being the operative word here and not relationship. I do not like playing second fiddle to a man who will win at the end of the day. Too emotionally tasking , not just my thing.

That said Teena welcome and you will definitely find your gal. Everyone does at the end of the day..#still sipping zobo.

Because to Nigerian girls , bi means I have a serious boyfriend or a husband but I still like to sleep with girls, sleep being the operative word here and not relationship.

I think you are making a lot of assumptions and generalizations about bisexual people. Bisexuals can succumb to infidelity, but so can lesbians, gays, and straight people. People who cheat will cheat on you with a man or a woman, doesn't matter what their sexuality is. I am really tired of this old stereotype of bisexuals being cheats. It's such and old trope and we need to check our prejudice.

I think you are making a lot of assumptions and generalizations about bisexual people. Bisexuals can succumb to infidelity, but so can lesbians, gays, and straight people. People who cheat will cheat on you with a man or a woman, doesn't matter what their sexuality is. I am really tired of this old stereotype of bisexuals being cheats. It's such and old trope and we need to check our prejudice.

It's not a stereotype. I haven't met one bi girl who hasn't proved my assumptions right. Sometimes when we talk, we talk from a place of experience and hurt. So I don't know how the bi you meet are but for me it's a NO NO. That is my opinion. Once bitten twice shy, I have no problem with bisexuals but at this point in time it's not what I need. Every aboki with him kettle.

I'm with @Althena on this. We should be at least understanding, if not accepting of the choices that people make in their lives. If we are phobic towards fellow queers, why should straight people be accepting of us?

Considering the fact that you mostly teach people how to treat you, I feel like queers should be the most non-judgemental of all people.

Vina, I understand where you are coming from, many bi girls are mostly the confused ones or those who sleep with girls for fun or to prove a point. I totally understand that they are responsible for most mischiefs held against LGBTs but truth is you can't generalize, its an illicit thing to do. Everybody can't possibly be the same so we should make room for exceptions and allow it manifest. Give people the benefit of doubt but sometimes from a distance

It's not a stereotype. I haven't met one bi girl who hasn't proved my assumptions right. Sometimes when we talk, we talk from a place of experience and hurt. So I don't know how the bi you meet are but for me it's a NO NO. That is my opinion. Once bitten twice shy, I have no problem with bisexuals but at this point in time it's not what I need. Every aboki with him kettle.

Really....?! :D

How many in numbers please, have you met?

You sound like a child crying over a stolen Chrismas toy. Just because you've had some bad experiences doesn't make it right to generalize and scream, it's mine. You don't have sole right on deciding if bi is right or not. Besides, Teena, didn't ask you out. She only said she's bi and looking for someone. Personalizing her statement makes you kinda "damaged"!?! Sorry if that offends but you need to be reasonable and accept what everyone here has been trying to say to you. Don't transfer your anger and perceived biases to someone you do not know. Respect if you want to be respected.

Personally, I agree with Althena, bisexuals do not have monopoly on cheating. Your sexual choices does not define your relationship practices. Your personality on the hand does. If you have been mixing with the wrong sort, maybe what you get, in the old adage, "is what you give off".

I seriously think you owe Teena an apology for attacking her the way you did. There are better ways to state your stand without making someone feel unwelcome. If she cannot be herself in a place that preaches exactly that, then, the purpose of this forum is double standard and at best prejudiced against itself.

My sincere apologies again, but I am not one to "kick a foot under the table".

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Really....?! :D/>

You sound like a child crying over a stolen Chrismas toy. Just because you've had some bad experiences doesn't make it right to generalize and scream, it's mine. You don't have sole right on deciding if bi is right or not. Besides, Teena, didn't ask you out. She only said she's bi and looking for someone. Personalizing her statement makes you kinda "damaged"!?! Sorry if that offends but you need to be reasonable and accept what everyone here has been trying to say to you. Don't transfer your anger and perceived biases to someone you do not know. Respect if you want to be respected.

Personally, I agree with Althena, bisexuals do not have monopoly on cheating. Your sexual choices does not define your relationship practices. Your personality on the hand does. If you have been mixing with the wrong sort, maybe what you get, in the old adage, "is what you give off".

I seriously think you owe Teena an apology for attacking her the way you did. There are better ways to state your stand without making someone feel unwelcome. If she cannot be herself in a place that preaches exactly that, then, the purpose of this forum is double standard and at best prejudiced against itself.

And you couldn't make your point without being insulting

And you couldn't make your point without being insulting

Hmm... :mellow:

That was insulting? :lol: :lol:

Wait till I really go out with the intent, I will proudly wear the hat. B)

• Moderators

Yeah... a bit too much I think.

Let me tell you all a story about a boy called Nosa and a girl called Biobele.

Biobele suddenly had bele for Nosa who loved Samosa and enjoyed having his bio read...

Stay tuned for this second to none action-packed suspense-filled thriller.

Cheering myself up in here :D *wry smile*

Really....?! :D/>/>

Now you just sound really dumb. How is 'bi? Nope ..' an insult? Where have I insulted her sexuality? Before you come online and think you can spew thrash you had better understand. I said no for myself, I don't drive in that town anymore, you can never convince me to date a bisexual, now that is my personal opinion, just like you cannot force me to eat beans , because beans and I do not flow. Saying I would not do a bisexual girl madam is not a crime. It's just like studs saying they would not date other studs. Aunty park one corner let me see road.

To everyone else

I wonder why everyone is judging me based on my sexual orientation. I like lesbians, I do not date bisexuals. Why picking on me because of who I love? Not fair. This community is divided if you are going to put me under the bus because I only want to date girls who date only girls. Not fair o #continues drinking zobo.

• Downvote 1

Now you just sound really dumb. How is 'bi? Nope ..' an insult? Where have I insulted her sexuality? Before you come online and think you can spew thrash you had better understand. I said no for myself, I don't drive in that town anymore, you can never convince me to date a bisexual, now that is my personal opinion, just like you cannot force me to eat beans , because beans and I do not flow. Saying I would not do a bisexual girl madam is not a crime. It's just like studs saying they would not date other studs. Aunty park one corner let me see road.

To everyone else

I wonder why everyone is judging me based on my sexual orientation. I like lesbians, I do not date bisexuals. Why picking on me because of who I love? Not fair. This community is divided if you are going to put me under the bus because I only want to date girls who date only girls. Not fair o #continues drinking zobo.

I believe what they are trying to say is you should have just ignored instead of making teena uncomfortable

• Upvote 1
  • Moderators

Like I earlier stated, this wasn't a phobia. Too strong a word. Only a preference... and it's perfectly alright to just like what you like. What clearly went wrong was tact and generalization.

It is so out of character for me to join in a thread of this nature. The fence was too uncomfortable this time around.

I came late to the party, quite sad. If you dont dig bisexuals why make a fuss about it? You know there's something called "looking the other way" trying to relegate them make no sense, nobody imposed a difference preference on anyone, op only seek out harmlessly for "someone special".

You don't draw in Hasty generalization on a whole group of people,cos of an experience you had. it shows how myopic and narrow minded you're.

the thing about stereotypes( which I really hate) is not that they are untrue, is just that, they make one part of the story the only story. If "Queer person" are non- accommodating/ accepting towards other queer persons due to their "said" sexual orientation. Why then do we clamor for equality? When we have so much prejudices and discrimination against ourselves?

It is quite appalling and pathetic to see an "LGBTQIA" person posses such sickening preconceived misconceptions about a sub group of the same darn community! If we the "sexually oppressed" could voice this issues( not that there are any sef) condescendingly for the world to see( inclusively homophobes), then how do we attain pride? What's the point? Sigh.

This could be tolerable if twas made by an anti gay or ignorant person, but for gay person? It shows we have a long way to go. Smh.

• Upvote 3

To everyone else

Don't mind them. You are my baby girl.

After Kimi of course biggrin.gif

To everyone else

:lol: :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: