Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Young Nigerian lady who 'proposed' to girlfriend blast haters

FlyJ

• Administrators

z.jpg

Whether the proposal was serious or just another attention seeking prank, Alessandra Obateru is certainly trending on Nigerian social media after pictures of her engagement to girlfriend, got out.

She took to her Facebook page today to blast haters. Her post below:

"Haters everywhere. Mtchewwwww But am still me idgaf about what y'all think about me.......y'all should gon look for a job!!! Instead of posting rubbish on Facebook!!! Jobless souls"

y.png

Untitled.png

• Like 1

Well would you look at that! It seems more and more people are coming out. Really young too. I'm glad cos the more we come out, the easier for them to see we actually aren't an anomaly or in the minority :D :D :D

Really interesting poses.

From the arrests I've heard of, nobody has got arrested for using their own hand or mouth to come out. It's either for disturbing the peace or caught red handed. And getting caught red handed is not easy cus no law yet stopping same sex from sharing a room.

Well would you look at that! It seems more and more people are coming out. Really young too. I'm glad cos the more we come out, the easier for them to see we actually aren't an anomaly or in the minority :D/> :D/> :D/>

Still going to be a minority.

In an esteemed homophobic ridden society as ours? Wow. that's some huge ass bravery over there. She got some nerves. I doff my hat to her. And congrats to them on their engagement.

I want that her gf. Chisos! See waist!!

But seriously is there any case of arrested lesbians?

They are rarely ever arrested or assaulted (that i have heard off in Nigeria). Instead, they are gang raped or blackmailed. It was a thing in Benin for a while.

Men would pose as women (most times with the help of other women) online and lure unsuspecting lesbians to their homes. They would then threaten to expose them unless they put out. Most times to morethan one guy. Encounters usually recorded. Some videos made the rounds back then.

They are rarely ever arrested or assaulted (that i have heard off in Nigeria). Instead, they are gang raped or blackmailed. It was a thing in Benin for a while.

Men would pose as women (most times with the help of other women) online and lure unsuspecting lesbians to their homes. They would then threaten to expose them unless they put out. Most times to morethan one guy. Encounters usually recorded. Some videos made the rounds back then.

That was cruelty at its peak.