Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Girlfriend Snatching

kimi

• Moderators

Let's have a conversation.

Is there any such thing as 'snatching' when it comes to a relationship?

• Moderators

Personally, I don't believe someone can be snatched. It is too deliberate an act to accord a passive role to any of the parties concerned.

Provided this isn't done under duress Lol, then with all 5 senses intact, they made a decision/choice to go be with another.

I don't really believe in girlfriend snatching. ....if u really love someone u wouldn't cheat ..period

But if d snatcher has a body like Jlo,nicki Minaj or mercy johnson

Humans can be crazy that way. Wanting something that already belongs to another person just for fun, just because they can.

Snatching a lover from another person entails manipulation, lies, deceit, planting ideas in their head, setting the couple against each other and lots of horrible things whilst still pretending that u are a friend and then taking the lover right under their nose.

Now the one taken is under an illusion that his or her gf hates them, cheated bla bla and the pain makes them want to retaliate bla bla bla.

Well you get my point right? Finger don dey pain me and me sef iyaff confuse ???

• Upvote 1

To me oo, there's nothing like snatching, whatever you wanna snatch tho, someone's husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend. If you think somebody snatched your girlfriend, abeg na your girlfriend wan go and she got a chance to leave you. If someone truly loves you and care for you, he/she shouldn't be snatched no matter what the snatcher does.

This is a complicated one for me to articulate from experience. Snatching is a mind game. Relationships become real after awhile, i.e you realize you are in a relationship with a human being, not an angel. Now if the "snatcher" can pinpoint the areas where the loophole is, and fill it up, then the "snatchee" will most likely forget all the other amazing stuff that le gf does...exchanging 80% for 20%. A Lot of manipulation goes into play in these things to be honest.

Another part of me understands the fact that the "snatchee" was ultimately going to leave anyway, because they were not loyal, they just needed the "right" window of escape which came in the form of the "snatcher".

Then finally from a spiritual point of view, people come into your life when they are supposed to and leave when their work in your life is done. No one leaves before it is ordained that they leave you. There are no accidents, there are no coincidences in this human existence/earth life.

Snatching exists, when the person knows you two are in a relationship and sets out to destroy it. A lot of people do it for 'the thrill of the chase'. And as Vina and Dequeen have said, it is manipulative, disrespectful and petty. I can't even chill with people who chase folks in relationships. It just tells me how disloyal you will be as a friend.

If your bae on the other hand lies that she is single and another girl comes into the picture, that is not cheating. Or if you are an ineffective girlfriend and someone fulfills her needs to the point where she leaves you. That one is just called dumping, moving on...not snatching