Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Prisca

      Naijalez Infrastructure Upgrade Completed   07/21/2017

      Dear Members,    Our site upgrade is now completed and we currently working on finalizing the setup, which will bring new features to Naijalez.     Admin    
FlyJ

Feedback on the new NaijaLez interface

Recommended Posts

FlyJ    138
FlyJ

Hello Ladies,

What are your thoughts on the new NaijaLez interface?

-F-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dreamgal    28
dreamgal

The new features are nice but will take some getting used to.

The older interface was more user friendly tho, easy to navigate and could be accessed with any browser using your mobile. Had to switch browsers so I could comment.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vina    50
vina

It is very okay. Still getting used to it but I love it already. I'm gonna have more fun with this 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi

I like the new look of Naijalez. Very fancy; very modern; a tad complex. It would take some getting used to but I am presently enjoying finding my way around it unaided -makes me feel like a whizz-kid :D

I also do think the "All activity" filter would drive more engagement/interaction between members as activities across all profiles are now made public lol. #gossipcorner No more sercrets but more coded statuses I'm sure... ☺

Well done to all Admins to be honest, as this must have cost some good money. Thanks for your committment to the site.

I'll save you all some kisses :D

xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi

It's a very smart interface o...

I had posted here or so I thought and then I realised that I was signed out. Okay, I digress... why do I get signed out? I will observe to see what the pattern is. Anyways, back to my story -sad that my long epistle was lost, I decided to repost the bit of it that I could recall. As I clicked the reply tab, voila! There is was. My unsent message was stil in the message box intact. Neverexpered it :D especially as I had gone about to post on other threads etc... 

#smooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi

Aunty Admin ma,

Please ma, I noticed some usernames have been changed. I can't find my friends... 😢 only Vina seems to have survived the online revolution. 

#BringBackOurFriends ma(s)

Where is Jenny sef? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi

Why am I everywhere today? I am not high pliss 😡

Final comment (for now): 

Flyj I know

Moresko I know

Sweetlady... now that's news to me. Wehdone ma. Lol :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi

To my dear friends locked out looking in as guests... sowy 😎😊 Will come get you real soon. 

Try using your usernames to sign in instead of your display name. Alternatively, use the 'can't remember username' route.

 

All the best x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vina    50
vina

I noticed too. Usernames have been changed. Can't see all my goons. It's well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyJ    138
FlyJ
8 hours ago, dreamgal said:

The new features are nice but will take some getting used to.

The older interface was more user friendly tho, easy to navigate and could be accessed with any browser using your mobile. Had to switch browsers so I could comment.

 

 

Thanks, Dreamgal. Which browser were you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyJ    138
FlyJ
5 hours ago, vina said:

It is very okay. Still getting used to it but I love it already. I'm gonna have more fun with this 

 

Awesome! Thanks, Vina. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyJ    138
FlyJ
5 hours ago, kimi said:

I like the new look of Naijalez. Very fancy; very modern; a tad complex. It would take some getting used to but I am presently enjoying finding my way around it unaided -makes me feel like a whizz-kid :D

I also do think the "All activity" filter would drive more engagement/interaction between members as activities across all profiles are now made public lol. #gossipcorner No more sercrets but more coded statuses I'm sure... ☺

Well done to all Admins to be honest, as this must have cost some good money. Thanks for your committment to the site.

I'll save you all some kisses :D

xx

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed feedback Kimi. I like that the activity feed is public as well. We are working on some - how to's to make the transition easier for members. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again Ms. K ☺.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyJ    138
FlyJ
5 hours ago, kimi said:

It's a very smart interface o...

I had posted here or so I thought and then I realised that I was signed out. Okay, I digress... why do I get signed out? I will observe to see what the pattern is. Anyways, back to my story -sad that my long epistle was lost, I decided to repost the bit of it that I could recall. As I clicked the reply tab, voila! There is was. My unsent message was stil in the message box intact. Neverexpered it :D especially as I had gone about to post on other threads etc... 

#smooth

Thank goodness your message was still there after you signed in. For security reasons, the system automatically logs a user out if the user is inactive for an hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi
1 minute ago, FlyJ said:

Thank goodness your message was still there after you signed in. For security reasons, the system automatically logs a user out if the user is inactive for an hour. 

Oh right... nice touch 

Thanks for the clarification Ms. Fly 🙄 xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teewhy    19
Teewhy

It's kinda of complex. 

First of, I was signed out, I had to use forgot password before I could reset my password. 

Secondly, was using Ucbrowser for the password resetting, changed to opera mini when I got confused thinking it was gonna help but it didn't. I had to change back to Ucbrowser before I could make comments.

It's gonna take a lil time before I would get use to this, the old interphase was user friendly.  

Edakun oo, my private profile is my private profile oo, nobody should see what I'm doing in my closet oo. 

Lemme rush to see the other features before I conclude. Aja1, Oya gbera!!!!

Thenkyu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyJ    138
FlyJ

Thanks, Teewhy. I am not quite sure why you couldn't comment using the Opera browser. It's going to take a little while to adjust to the new interface, but please let us know if you have any questions.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teewhy    19
Teewhy

Wouldn't know too. Guess I will have to try it again but for now, I'm enjoying it using Ucbrowser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gbemie    0
Gbemie

The new interface is nice, but it took me more than 20 min to reply a message lol, trying to get used to it tho, but sure gonna be fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dequeen    41
dequeen

For me, the UI is okay but why the color black though? The UX is crap so far. I don't know what the icons mean, I have to keep tapping and guessing when i’m using a mobile device. It's now selective of browsers, I can't post a new topic, or send a private message or comment on a post using certain browsers. The menu dropdown on my end is broken, it shows numbers but won't respond when I tap on it. Once I view a topic, it disappears from my new content list which means if I want to go view a particular comment in it just seconds after closing it, I have to remember the topic, then go find it myself on the main forum. I can't jump to the homepage from anywhere on the site, I have to go back and back. Plus for me, "Add as Friend" sounded much better than "Follow". I couldn’t view any members friends ...

#By the way, i had to log in to Mozilla at Work! to post this. i am scared shitless right now. All these computer screen snoopers in Naija.

It’s good to see the mobile view though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dequeen    41
dequeen

The desktop view is awesome. The mobile view needs more work in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Suavity    41
Suavity

How are you dequeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenny1403    34
Jenny1403

Hallos kimi. ...tis is Jenny140

So dem site workers decided to re-brand me....well I am still breathin fine

site looks gud tho

just gud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimi    119
kimi
19 minutes ago, TS1403 said:

Hallos kimi. ...tis is Jenny140

So dem site workers decided to re-brand me....well I am still breathin fine

site looks gud tho

just gud

Jen Jen! I guessed as much @ you being TS1403. Looool @ site workers though. Hahahaha. Serious behind the scenes stunts mehn. 

Oya re-brand yourself amd upload all those your Dps 😇😇

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyJ    138
FlyJ
On 7/26/2017 at 3:35 AM, dequeen said:

For me, the UI is okay but why the color black though? The UX is crap so far. I don't know what the icons mean, I have to keep tapping and guessing when i’m using a mobile device. It's now selective of browsers, I can't post a new topic, or send a private message or comment on a post using certain browsers. The menu dropdown on my end is broken, it shows numbers but won't respond when I tap on it. Once I view a topic, it disappears from my new content list which means if I want to go view a particular comment in it just seconds after closing it, I have to remember the topic, then go find it myself on the main forum. I can't jump to the homepage from anywhere on the site, I have to go back and back. Plus for me, "Add as Friend" sounded much better than "Follow". I couldn’t view any members friends ...

#By the way, i had to log in to Mozilla at Work! to post this. i am scared shitless right now. All these computer screen snoopers in Naija.

It’s good to see the mobile view though.

Thanks, Dequeen. Did you have to use the word "crap"? Not quite sure how that is related to browsers, UI and theme color. Please help me understand.

Now to the issues: 
UI being black - where do you see that? We can't reproduce so this will be hard to investigate. 
Icons - Could you please be more specific?
Browser/ drop down menu - Which browser?
PM/New topic - Browser issues maybe? Did you experience this with Mozilla? 
Homepage - Clicking the NL logo takes you to the home page.

Try using the following browsers to access the forum - Chrome, Samsung browser, IE, Edge, and Mozilla.

Thanks!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mifled    7
mifled

Sorry please I'm not sure where I am.....I tried login into naijalez and I found myself in unknown territory....Lol

But seriously, I was scared at first oh. Well done guys, the site looks a lot more ajebo ish but complex. Don't even know my way around. Just clicking on anything. If I click my way into your DM forgive me oh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×