Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Feedback on the new NaijaLez interface

FlyJ

• Administrators

Hello Ladies,

What are your thoughts on the new NaijaLez interface?

-F-

• Like 1

The new features are nice but will take some getting used to.

The older interface was more user friendly tho, easy to navigate and could be accessed with any browser using your mobile. Had to switch browsers so I could comment.

• Moderators

I like the new look of Naijalez. Very fancy; very modern; a tad complex. It would take some getting used to but I am presently enjoying finding my way around it unaided -makes me feel like a whizz-kid :D

I also do think the "All activity" filter would drive more engagement/interaction between members as activities across all profiles are now made public lol. #gossipcorner No more sercrets but more coded statuses I'm sure... ☺

Well done to all Admins to be honest, as this must have cost some good money. Thanks for your committment to the site.

I'll save you all some kisses :D

xx

• Moderators

It's a very smart interface o...

I had posted here or so I thought and then I realised that I was signed out. Okay, I digress... why do I get signed out? I will observe to see what the pattern is. Anyways, back to my story -sad that my long epistle was lost, I decided to repost the bit of it that I could recall. As I clicked the reply tab, voila! There is was. My unsent message was stil in the message box intact. Neverexpered it :D especially as I had gone about to post on other threads etc... 

#smooth

• Moderators

Aunty Admin ma,

Please ma, I noticed some usernames have been changed. I can't find my friends... 😢 only Vina seems to have survived the online revolution. 

#BringBackOurFriends ma(s)

Where is Jenny sef? :(

• Moderators

Why am I everywhere today? I am not high pliss 😡

Final comment (for now): 

Flyj I know

Moresko I know

Sweetlady... now that's news to me. Wehdone ma. Lol :)

• Moderators

To my dear friends locked out looking in as guests... sowy 😎😊 Will come get you real soon. 

Try using your usernames to sign in instead of your display name. Alternatively, use the 'can't remember username' route.

All the best x

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, dreamgal said:

The new features are nice but will take some getting used to.

The older interface was more user friendly tho, easy to navigate and could be accessed with any browser using your mobile. Had to switch browsers so I could comment.

Thanks, Dreamgal. Which browser were you using?

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, vina said:

It is very okay. Still getting used to it but I love it already. I'm gonna have more fun with this 

Awesome! Thanks, Vina. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, kimi said:

I like the new look of Naijalez. Very fancy; very modern; a tad complex. It would take some getting used to but I am presently enjoying finding my way around it unaided -makes me feel like a whizz-kid :D

I also do think the "All activity" filter would drive more engagement/interaction between members as activities across all profiles are now made public lol. #gossipcorner No more sercrets but more coded statuses I'm sure... ☺

Well done to all Admins to be honest, as this must have cost some good money. Thanks for your committment to the site.

I'll save you all some kisses :D

xx

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed feedback Kimi. I like that the activity feed is public as well. We are working on some - how to's to make the transition easier for members. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again Ms. K ☺.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, kimi said:

It's a very smart interface o...

I had posted here or so I thought and then I realised that I was signed out. Okay, I digress... why do I get signed out? I will observe to see what the pattern is. Anyways, back to my story -sad that my long epistle was lost, I decided to repost the bit of it that I could recall. As I clicked the reply tab, voila! There is was. My unsent message was stil in the message box intact. Neverexpered it :D especially as I had gone about to post on other threads etc... 

#smooth

Thank goodness your message was still there after you signed in. For security reasons, the system automatically logs a user out if the user is inactive for an hour. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, FlyJ said:

Thank goodness your message was still there after you signed in. For security reasons, the system automatically logs a user out if the user is inactive for an hour. 

Oh right... nice touch 

Thanks for the clarification Ms. Fly 🙄 xx

• Like 1

It's kinda of complex. 

First of, I was signed out, I had to use forgot password before I could reset my password. 

Secondly, was using Ucbrowser for the password resetting, changed to opera mini when I got confused thinking it was gonna help but it didn't. I had to change back to Ucbrowser before I could make comments.

It's gonna take a lil time before I would get use to this, the old interphase was user friendly.  

Edakun oo, my private profile is my private profile oo, nobody should see what I'm doing in my closet oo. 

Lemme rush to see the other features before I conclude. Aja1, Oya gbera!!!!

Thenkyu. 

• Administrators

Thanks, Teewhy. I am not quite sure why you couldn't comment using the Opera browser. It's going to take a little while to adjust to the new interface, but please let us know if you have any questions.

• Like 1

Wouldn't know too. Guess I will have to try it again but for now, I'm enjoying it using Ucbrowser. 

The new interface is nice, but it took me more than 20 min to reply a message lol, trying to get used to it tho, but sure gonna be fun

For me, the UI is okay but why the color black though? The UX is crap so far. I don't know what the icons mean, I have to keep tapping and guessing when i’m using a mobile device. It's now selective of browsers, I can't post a new topic, or send a private message or comment on a post using certain browsers. The menu dropdown on my end is broken, it shows numbers but won't respond when I tap on it. Once I view a topic, it disappears from my new content list which means if I want to go view a particular comment in it just seconds after closing it, I have to remember the topic, then go find it myself on the main forum. I can't jump to the homepage from anywhere on the site, I have to go back and back. Plus for me, "Add as Friend" sounded much better than "Follow". I couldn’t view any members friends ...

#By the way, i had to log in to Mozilla at Work! to post this. i am scared shitless right now. All these computer screen snoopers in Naija.

It’s good to see the mobile view though.

• Like 1

Hallos kimi. ...tis is Jenny140

So dem site workers decided to re-brand me....well I am still breathin fine

site looks gud tho

just gud

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, TS1403 said:

Hallos kimi. ...tis is Jenny140

So dem site workers decided to re-brand me....well I am still breathin fine

site looks gud tho

just gud

Jen Jen! I guessed as much @ you being TS1403. Looool @ site workers though. Hahahaha. Serious behind the scenes stunts mehn. 

Oya re-brand yourself amd upload all those your Dps 😇😇

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/26/2017 at 3:35 AM, dequeen said:

For me, the UI is okay but why the color black though? The UX is crap so far. I don't know what the icons mean, I have to keep tapping and guessing when i’m using a mobile device. It's now selective of browsers, I can't post a new topic, or send a private message or comment on a post using certain browsers. The menu dropdown on my end is broken, it shows numbers but won't respond when I tap on it. Once I view a topic, it disappears from my new content list which means if I want to go view a particular comment in it just seconds after closing it, I have to remember the topic, then go find it myself on the main forum. I can't jump to the homepage from anywhere on the site, I have to go back and back. Plus for me, "Add as Friend" sounded much better than "Follow". I couldn’t view any members friends ...

#By the way, i had to log in to Mozilla at Work! to post this. i am scared shitless right now. All these computer screen snoopers in Naija.

It’s good to see the mobile view though.

Thanks, Dequeen. Did you have to use the word "crap"? Not quite sure how that is related to browsers, UI and theme color. Please help me understand.

Now to the issues: 
UI being black - where do you see that? We can't reproduce so this will be hard to investigate. 
Icons - Could you please be more specific?
Browser/ drop down menu - Which browser?
PM/New topic - Browser issues maybe? Did you experience this with Mozilla? 
Homepage - Clicking the NL logo takes you to the home page.

Try using the following browsers to access the forum - Chrome, Samsung browser, IE, Edge, and Mozilla.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sorry please I'm not sure where I am.....I tried login into naijalez and I found myself in unknown territory....Lol

But seriously, I was scared at first oh. Well done guys, the site looks a lot more ajebo ish but complex. Don't even know my way around. Just clicking on anything. If I click my way into your DM forgive me oh.