Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

19 Reasons Why Being A Lesbian Is Amazing......

Cipher

Reasons Why Being A Lesbian Is Amazing......

Straight friends get ready to be envious, , ,,,

here are  reasons why I think we are awesome:

1. Gender/Relationship Role

We’ve all heard the clichéd saying, “The man wears the pants in the relationship,” but when you’re a lesbian, you don't have to worry about this! You can take turns wearing the pants, or better yet, share the pant-wearing responsibility in the relationship. Want equality in a relationship? Being a lesbian will give you that.

2. Communication

If I had a dollar for every time one of my girlfriends told me her boyfriend/husband just never listens or doesn’t share his feelings, I could buy myself a roundtrip to Vegas. Women are naturally more open to communicating and sharing, which makes the relationship somewhat easier. You know if there’s a problem, it isn’t because there’s a lack of communication. On the contrary, there might be too much communication. But, hey, who’s complaining? Listening and communication is the foundation of any strong relationship.

***. Easy Gifting

While guys are fairly easy to shop for, girls are easier. Not to mention, what you buy your girlfriend, you can also use. It’s a two-for-one deal. If you like that wool sweater from H&M, buy it for your girlfriend and you can share it!

There are exceptions tho....

4. Masturbation = Practice For Sex

When my guy friends tell me they’ve spent another evening with Palm-la Anderson because their girlfriends were “too tired,” or not in the mood, lesbian women can say they are masturbating to prepare and practice for great sex with their partners. Being attuned to your body can help you and your partner reach a new level of intimacy between the sheets.

5 .Soft Skin

My girlfriend has many amazing features and qualities: She has a great personality; she’s smart and has a great laugh. But, one thing I love is how soft her skin is. I could run my fingers all over her body and just be mesmerized by the smoothness of it. Sure, guys can have smooth skin, but is it as smooth as a woman’s? Women just seem to naturally have better skin. Guys, next time you’re with your girlfriend, feel her skin and tell me I’m wrong!

6. BOOBS

Next to smooth skin, boobs are another great asset of women. If you admire your boobs as much as you admire your girlfriend’s boobs, that’s just boob paradise

7. No stubble rubbing at your skin. Even though some women can be prone to a little facial hair, chances are they don’t have half a face’s worth of itchy, abrasive stubble. That stuff can really rub a girl the wrong way, but when you’re dating a woman, there’s just soft skin to cozy up to.

8.No wondering if you’ll have an orgasm. Straight sex is pretty much a guessing game for a woman in terms of whether or not she’ll have an orgasm *unless, of course, she’s with a guy who’ll move mountains to give her one*. But if you’re with a woman who happens to already know what’s going on down there, you can be sure that every sexual encounter will end with two very satisfied ladies.

9.More options in the toy drawer. Toys are not as taboo with women as they might be for some men. Where straight couples introduce toys to spice things up, some lesbians use them frequently, and they don’t judge their partner for using them to get off on their own. Lesbians just know that toys are like the shortcut to sexual satisfaction because sometimes you’re just plain lazy, and that’s perfectly okay!

10.You know each other’s bodies on an instinctual level. Having sex with another woman is great because you share the same parts, so you automatically know more than any guy does about the basics of what feels good. There’s not much guessing involved, even though each girl is different and likes different things, so you’re still a step ahead of the game.

You’ll also be able to better recognize the signs of what she likes and doesn’t like, based on her reactions. Oh, and it’s also harder to fake an orgasm *although, why would you?*, because you’ll be with a woman who’s had her fair share of real orgasms.

11. Monogamy is usually a given. Women are generally monogamous creatures by nature. Therefore, security and stability are often a shared need in a lesbian relationship. Of course, there are some lesbians who prefer not to be in a monogamous relationship, but trust me when I say that they’ll be able to say so right of the bat.

12.Laying in bed together feels luxurious. Laying in bed with another girl feels like heaven on earth. Cuddling, talking, laughing, and heaps of affection in bed are some of the best reasons to love being a lesbian. Interchangeable spooning is another added benefit, along with feeling the smooth curves of the girl you’re with.

13.The best hugs. You can get the best hugs from girls. Guys can hug too, but girls probably invented hugs. They were probably how cavewomen communicated with each other. A loving, affectionate hug is almost always one of the things that women are able to instinctually provide.

14.Crying isn’t a sign of weakness. Women understand another woman’s need to cry. It’s refreshing to be able to cry and not be judged, laughed at, or labelled as weak. It’s also a huge relief when the one you’re crying to won’t suddenly panic and start running away. Crying can be a sign of strength, empathy, and warm-heartedness, and it’s nice to be able to express it with someone who understands.

15. More foreplay. Ask a bunch of straight girls what their biggest complaints are when it comes to sex, and a large majority will complain about the lack of foreplay. Not only do lesbians love foreplay, but they recognize the need and importance of properly getting in the mood, before jumping into sex full-force. Sex just feels better when the arousal builds up to the main event.

16.Longer sex sessions. Sex with a woman requires more time. It is a give and take of pleasure, requires keen attention to detail, and usually involves multiple rounds of orgasms. Sex for lesbians is not just a quick means of getting off. It’s an intimate, sacred, and emotional act, so it’s only right that it be enjoyed for a longer period of time.

17.You’re both allowed in the girl’s washroom. What does this mean for you? Spontaneous make-out sessions, random groping, hugs *just because*, and other things that hetero couples can’t do. All the more reason to smugly take note of where the bathrooms are located when you enter a public building, so you can feel all rebellious while not breaking any bathroom rules.

18.No panic attacks when your period is late. Your period is late for a few days, s’all good! You know why? Because you’re a lesbian, that’s why. Your woman’s genitals do not and never will produce a pregnancy-inducing substance. So you can have sex more, and worry less!

19.Your periods suck less. Chances are, if you’re a lesbian, you won’t be stuck without feminine care products, and you always have someone who can handle and understand your PMS. Lesbians don’t think of periods as something foreign, gross, or sex-inhibiting. Your partner will also allow you to be your grumpy, oversized sweatshirt and baggy pants-wearing, chocolate binge-eating self when it’s that time of the month.

"COPIED"

• Thanks 1

No panic attacks when your period is late is so damn good. I enjoyed reading this piece tho. All said are true, from the first number to the last....

• Downvote 1