Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

MI Speaks out on Anti-gay laws in Nigeria

FlyJ

• Administrators

image.png

In a podcast show tagged ‘Middle ground’ hosted by the trio of April Maey, Loose Kaynon, and Wendy Akomolafe-Kalu, Abaga criticized Nigeria’s anti same-sex marriage law stating that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian so therefore LGBT persons have the right to be themselves.

He also voiced his concerns for the need why gay persons need to stay safe and why the law is an infringement on people’s right to privacy.

“I feel like I have a few friends with different sexual orientations and I think it’s stupid that we have that law in Nigeria, but now that we do, until the law is repealed, I feel it’s not safe to openly disclose your sexuality. “It’s not my business what anybody does. And what I mean [by that] is, it’s my privacy. Everybody has a right to their privacy. “If you bring a tape of two men having sex, then you can prove [they are gay]. But for the most part, how are you going to prove without fringing on someone’s right or privacy – going through their phone. It almost seems to me to be an unenforceable law.”

Abaga in response to series of tweets to his fans who opposed his stand on the issue, made things further clear, stating that homosexuals have a right to their existence just as straight folks.

He wrote;

“My thinking… I was born straight. I wd never want 2b punished 4 who I am… because of this, I wouldn’t punish som1 else for who they are. “Cheating and adultery are wrong… but they are not criminalized… and no form of consensual adult expression of love should be… my opinion”.

Source

• Like 1

Lol. ....Of course he has to stand with the community naa

His personal DJ and right hand chic is a card carrying Lesbian

On 8/9/2017 at 5:53 AM, FlyJ said:

“My thinking… I was born straight. I wd never want 2b punished  4 who I am...  because of this, I wouldn’t punish som1 else for who they are. “Cheating and adultery are wrong… but they are not criminalized… and no form of consensual  adult  expression of love should  be...  my opinion”.

Source

@bolded Mr incredible Simply  just stated the obvious, The anti gay law is ignorant, malicious and small  minded.  Just disgraceful!