Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Sleeper for Africa

kimi

• Moderators

Should I be worried...?

I sleep an awful lot these days. It never used to be this way. Pretty much leave me in a quiet place, better still when it is nice and cool and in no time I start to drift. Before work starts I nap; after work while I wait out traffic, I nap. This never used to happen to me...😐

I'm very sleepy as I type this... is this normal you think?

lol

I guess its  a factor of the weather lately,

sleeping is very healthy...However when it gets in the way of work, Itsssssaaaa problem

so on a  work day,  u could Try to kick off ur day on a dose of coffee before u leave the house or once you sit at work

i hope it  helps tho

7 hours ago, Hawken said:

Well, its either peace of mind or depression that's worrying you.

And with me been in your life and all, i bet its the former :597f8385cda73_tw_glasses1:

Awww....I swear I kinda admire u both ***from my bathrm window***

God bless me with a union with tis kinda vibe 

And bless you both 

And il always be here for youuuuuuuuuuuu

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"should  you  be worried"?  relatively,  yes. And how do you  equate  an awful"lot"?  Incessant nap?  Do the naps get to 30mins at a drift?  Do you have up to seven / nine hours  of sleep at night?  That's  the normal  range an adult  should  get every night , anything less   could  well, might have cause you to  over sleep. Though  not everyone who over sleeps have sleeping  disorder.  Hope you know  that?  

Many things  could  result  to excessive sleeping,  It could  be a medical  condition,  of some sort maybe,   or it could  also be   psychological.. Or just a physical  weakness. Which  I think is okay, because everyone got one. Every.  

there are  also countless  of reasons too, I would  like to whittle down  the  "psychological effect" into bit like lack of motivation  towards day to day activities,  stress too might  have  triggered it, perhaps  you stay up at long hours most nights , or it can be depression like Hawken had earlier  suggested, or maybe you unconsciously trying to escape things like drudgery, and also some jolting pangs of emptiness might  have been in effect, which sleep  might seem like " a safe haven" .

it could  be genetic too, when you come to a particularly  set of age, your body begins  to react to the change in metabolism, although  this occurs only when  the element (in this case hypersomnia ) is exhibited in close relatives and family too..  when  sign begins  to spur out.  Go take a genome mapping  test  or blood  test to know  for sure...

for medical,  it might have been an effect of some medications you take, are you on any?  Or maybe  there's  been an over production of thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)..  I don't  know  much here but See a physician, so you could  be properly  diagnosed.

Notably  the amount  of sleep varies significantly over the course of life in a human person.  This is experienced differently by Individuals,  some sleep more at a particular age, or  when there has been some sort of increase  activity, to meet up the body metabolism, other have it less at the same age,  while a handful  lots experience  the opposite  which  is little  or no sleep  at the same age group . I somewhat fall into this category, to a degree. It all depends  on the individual. 

.So this implies that, oversleeping  sometimes is  just  normal, the body system under goes this overtones to balance  it's stability.

take in water alot.. If you can, exercise more( increase  work out) . Eat healthy. Or rather seek medical  help. to be on a safer side.  I hope  this helps. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 09/08/2017 at 11:16 AM, kimi said:

PS

I'm not pregnant. Sex comes after marriage pliss 😇

Lol are you sure? Maybe change gynos?

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Jenny1403 said:

And bless you both 

Awwwh.... thanks Jenny. You are the sweetest. Very kind words. We will name one of our girls aftee you😊🤗

• Moderators
6 hours ago, scarlet said:

"should  you  be worried"?  relatively,  yes. And how do you  equate  an awful"lot"?  Incessant nap?  Do the naps get to 30mins at a drift?  Do you have up to seven / nine hours  of sleep at night?  That's  the normal  range an adult  should  get every night , anything less   could  well, might have cause you to  over sleep. Though  not everyone who over sleeps have sleeping  disorder.  Hope you know  that?  

Many things  could  result  to excessive sleeping,  It could  be a medical  condition,  of some sort maybe,   or it could  also be   psychological.. Or just a physical  weakness. Which  I think is okay, because everyone got one. Every.  

there are  also countless  of reasons too, I would  like to whittle down  the  "psychological effect" into bit like lack of motivation  towards day to day activities,  stress too might  have  triggered it, perhaps  you stay up at long hours most nights , or it can be depression like Hawken had earlier  suggested, or maybe you unconsciously trying to escape things like drudgery, and also some jolting pangs of emptiness might  have been in effect, which sleep  might seem like " a safe haven" .

it could  be genetic too, when you come to a particularly  set of age, your body begins  to react to the change in metabolism, although  this occurs only when  the element (in this case hypersomnia ) is exhibited in close relatives and family too..  when  sign begins  to spur out.  Go take a genome mapping  test  or blood  test to know  for sure...

for medical,  it might have been an effect of some medications you take, are you on any?  Or maybe  there's  been an over production of thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)..  I don't  know  much here but See a physician, so you could  be properly  diagnosed.

Notably  the amount  of sleep varies significantly over the course of life in a human person.  This is experienced differently by Individuals,  some sleep more at a particular age, or  when there has been some sort of increase  activity, to meet up the body metabolism, other have it less at the same age,  while a handful  lots experience  the opposite  which  is little  or no sleep  at the same age group . I somewhat fall into this category, to a degree. It all depends  on the individual. 

.So this implies that, oversleeping  sometimes is  just  normal, the body system under goes this overtones to balance  it's stability.

take in water alot.. If you can, exercise more( increase  work out) . Eat healthy. Or rather seek medical  help. to be on a safer side.  I hope  this helps. 

Wow. Thanks for this and for taking out the time to do a very robust response

On 8/11/2017 at 8:53 PM, Jenny1403 said:

And bless you both 

Amen and thank you :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: