Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What would u do?

Jenny1403

So u Driving home Alone in d car at late hours on a  Friday..say  **2am**

Somewhere close to home, u find a very innocent  12 year old gal holding a small bag obviously stranded just by your streets. ..

she's waves down the car, and then u re courageous enough to pull over and give her a listening ear....

and then she  tells you a long tale of how she's just been thrown out of a house by her madams' husband for constantly refusing him sex. 

She further pleads with you in tears to let her sleep at least by your corridor till day break to avoid being raped or picked up by wrong men who according to her have accosted  her just few minutes before u pulled over.

And then she goes "madam pls help me. ...I can only Trust women, pls save me from wicked men "

Would u ignore this gal. ...considering the insecure state of our society ?

Would u avail her a sleeping space for the night just as she requested? 

What would u do??

***This is sumones real life reality ***

• Moderators

Wow...

This is a tough one considering as you rightly stated -the peculiarities of the Nigerian context/situation.

Truth is, as with most things, I will go with my heart. My gut feel. That would in itself determine whether or not to stop... 

If gut feel does not kick in, a quick assessment of the environment and ensuring I am not being followed, I will bring her home. I will say a prayer and trust the universe to have my back on this one. In the morning, I will call that Lagos State direct line that caters to such situation without delay and or proceed to the nearest police station for fear of being framed or accused of kidnapping. 

Strange things happen in this world... best not to leave yourself unprotected even when rendering an act of kindness.

Sometimes our mind always hints stuffs to us. I will just follow my mind. Watch the signs as the girl talks and check for irregularities in her stories. At the end be the judge. 

If I so decide that she needs help then I will take her home.

Hmmm 2am, alone, driving down a lonely road.. if I end up believing her story and giving her a lift there is no way i am going home with her, a hotel is the next best thing.

Definitely not to my house.

I don't even know if i will stop honestly. 80% sure i will offer up a prayer to God for her safety and continue driving.

But if my conscience won't let me be, i would backtrack but this time with company.

29 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Definitely not to my house.

I don't even know if i will stop honestly. 80% sure i will offer up a prayer to God for her safety and continue driving.

But if my conscience won't let me be, i would backtrack but this time with company.

Haba naa. ...have a heart 

On 8/15/2017 at 4:42 PM, Jenny1403 said:

Haba naa. ...have a heart 

LOL i have heart naa. That's why i may backtrack with company :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Well, if I was bold enough to listen to her long story in the middle of nowhere at 2am, and nothing happened then it's fine. We would look for a church where she can sleep then know what to do after that. Just won't take her home. To avoid Yoruba feem in my life. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JayJacks said:

Well, if I was bold enough to listen to her long story in the middle of nowhere at 2am, and nothing happened then it's fine. We would look for a church where she can sleep then know what to do after that. Just won't take her home. To avoid Yoruba feem in my life. 

Hahahahahahaha @ youruba feem! Hilarious

11 hours ago, JayJacks said:

Lmao....u tho

On 27/08/2017 at 11:15 PM, JayJacks said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 African Magic yoruba

• 5 months later...

I don’t know if I would stop tbh. Seen and heard too much. Last month, a friend’s car was stolen just because he stopped to pick up someone at an odd hour. 

It’s sad that one can’t offer help without fear of being attacked. If I wasn’t alone, I’d probably stop. 

On 8/27/2017 at 11:15 PM, JayJacks said:

You will be shocked when it is in that church she will be gangraped. I believe in helping completely or not helping at all. Churches are not safe havens , not with the stories I've been hearing lately. 

5 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I don’t know if I would stop tbh. Seen and heard too much. Last month, a friend’s car was stolen just because he stopped to pick up someone at an odd hour. 

It’s sad that one can’t offer help without fear of being attacked. If I wasn’t alone, I’d probably stop. 

Happens a lot. A man and his wife stopped to help a woman in labour on the roadside looking all stranded with her husband. Their car got stolen. Woman wasn't pregnant, just stuffed tummy with clothes and guns.

23 minutes ago, dequeen said:

Happens a lot. A man and his wife stopped to help a woman in labour on the roadside looking all stranded with her husband. Their car got stolen. Woman wasn't pregnant, just stuffed tummy with clothes and guns.

Yes it does. Wow.