Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Dating on NL

kimi

• Moderators

NL is fast becoming Nigeria's foremost credible LBT+ online community. We do have our share of challenges in terms of members' consistency and stay period etc... Nevertheless, it is a place for people of common interest to interact and perhaps progress things further. 

So here's the thing. Considering we are a (not-so) small community, it is a possibility that you could date several people off the site. It is also a possibility that you would enter into a relationship with someone who has dated someone you know or are friends with.

Questions are: 

a) Do you have a cap for the number of people you would allow yourself date from here?

b)What are your thoughts about the 'recycling' that is almost inevitable? Do you mind it that your girlfriend has been with ***, 4 or 5 people from here.

c)What number of exes from this site (NL) would bother you about a person you are considering dating?

Lol. ...This is quite  interesting and very  funny.

Well, I will have u know  that NOT everyone has a common interest when it comes to meeting people,  while sum peepol re here to recycle and be recycled,  some others may also be here to strike real life Goals.

Now Speaking for myself. ...at my age & stage , I am not open to any silly  recycling games - at least not any more.  You actually get to a point in life when u come to know that games are not for all times.

And then dating in itself is actually deep , so if I meet someone who's been recycling or recycled, u would need to make me understand why you have such a trend and then I would also need to be sure that u not gonn play the same old game with me before we then talk about dating. Basically I need to be sure that u want Wat I want too, not that i want to date and you want something else.

The objectives and of course feelings would need to be mutual before we date.

That being said....If uv been in the recycle room more than once, lemme hear you say Yeaaaa Yeaaaa🎤🎵🎶🎤

**in wizkids voice***

• Upvote 2

• Moderators
*** hours ago, vina said:

:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Some of us are not here to date. Just to cause trouble.

When I'm not a calendar. Lol.

Looool. Sounds familiar

Edited by kimi

I suppose it all depends on what your expectations are. I personally don't mind whatever her past is as long as the past doesn't dictate our present. This community is still smaller than the average heterosexual community in any state so it is expected that you have a past and you have dated a few people who will also be on this safe space. Whilst some people are serial daters for the heck of it, some actually unfortunately have not been lucky in relationships and are not giving up.  To answer the questions, I personally don't have a limit or choose to be bothered about her exes if we are both on the same boat moving forward.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm just a cheerleader, cheerleading true love tho.  Nonetheless, I was here to make real friends but in here, I got more than friendship(story for another day). That said, different strokes for different folks. What worked for Mr. A might not in any way work for Mrs. Z. I always tell people, follow your inner instinct, that shii doesn't mislead, well maybe for me. To the questions, recycling o le werk mehnnn! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2017 at 6:38 PM, dreamgal said:

Been with 4 or 5 people from here? That's too much o

Hajiya too much.  am here to make as much friends as I can, carry over load if possible I need Lots of friends please.... Hmmmmm how comes I have never said this before? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

1) I haven't considered dating anyone on NL but let's say 1.

2) My thoughts on recycling - I wouldn't date someone who has been with 4 or 5 people. Na serial dater?

3) 2 and above. It just doesn't seem right to me. ☺

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, FlyJ said:

@kimi you haven't answered yet o.

Loool. Just when I thought I had escaped this. Lol.

Well... lol. Flyj well done o... 

1. Yes, there is a cap for me. 

2. I mind o... lol. I am a very private person, I wouldn't want all that drama of having shared experiences with other members over a girl. 

***. Anything above 2 would be of concern to me... that said, shit happens and I tend to be more open minded than I admit to being lol

• 1 year later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:34 AM, kimi said:

NL is fast becoming Nigeria's foremost credible LBT+ online community. We do have our share of challenges in terms of members' consistency and stay period etc... Nevertheless, it is a place for people of common interest to interact and perhaps progress things further. 

So here's the thing. Considering we are a (not-so) small community, it is a possibility that you could date several people off the site. It is also a possibility that you would enter into a relationship with someone who has dated someone you know or are friends with.

Questions are: 

a) Do you have a cap for the number of people you would allow yourself date from here?

b)What are your thoughts about the 'recycling' that is almost inevitable? Do you mind it that your girlfriend has been with ***, 4 or 5 people from here.

c)What number of exes from this site (NL) would bother you about a person you are considering dating?

I wouldn't care. I'm very different from the 3 to 5 she's dealt with here.