Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Jenny's wedding

booboo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRh-PTeXzw

Jenny Farrell (Katherine Heigl) is getting married. But how will her straight-laced family react when they find out that the woman they thought was their daughter’s roommate is actually her fiancée? As the old-fashioned Farrells attempt to come to terms with the prospect of a surprise daughter-in-law, they face a difficult choice: either adapt with the times or risk being left behind. Alexis Bledel and Academy Award nominee Tom Wilkinson co-star in this wise, warm, and witty comedy.

• Upvote 1

i saw the movie about  two years ago, was really excited about the movie , but was  disappointed after seeing it.  great script but wack acting.  the connectedness and aura that's usually exhibited/seen in same sex relationship was lacking deeply, they seemed more like distanced  friends than lovers. I'm not sure they shared a kissed at all, I think its was only during the dance scene,they Pecked. The  movie was just boring, if i am to rate it, on a scale of one to ten,  I'd give a 4. don't get me wrong  katharine heigl is a great actress I'm a huge fan of hers, but pertaining this particular movie, she flopped horribly. 

i think she should stick with the traditional/regular type of movie.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, scarlet said:

i saw the movie about  two years ago, was really excited about the movie , but was  disappointed after seeing it.  great script but wack acting.  the connectedness and aura that's usually exhibited/seen in same sex relationship was lacking deeply, they seemed more like distanced  friends than lovers. I'm not sure they shared a kissed at all, I think its was only during the dance scene,they Pecked. The  movie was just boring, if i am to rate it, on a scale of one to ten,  I'd give a 4. don't get me wrong  katharine heigl is a great actress I'm a huge fan of hers, but pertaining this particular movie, she flopped horribly. 

They did, that's how jenny's sister found out about her sexuality (saw them kissing). The acting could have been better but I definitely enjoyed the movie and the message it conveyed. 

• Upvote 1

I have watched and forgotten how the movie is sef,  I think I prefer ALTO to this movie talking about same sex connectivity, family and friends pressure and so. 

6 hours ago, scarlet said:

Okay, I get your reservation about the movie not portraying that same sex "aura and connectedness" 🙂🙂like you said, but I love to think that the movie was trying to shed more light on family and society acceptance on same sex relationship, which I believe was beautifully scripted and excellently portrayed.

This movie is boring imo. Suffered through it. Took me over a week to finish it. Only saw it through because i kept hoping and hoping for something that eventually didn't come.

Gonna score it 4 and only because i love Heigl.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you need to set your expectations for this movie. I rated it a 7/10 because it was about her family's reaction and not about her relationship. Did a review here a few years ago 

• 5 months later...

This is funny...just saw the movie this night and I liked it. I think the film was centred on her struggles not just in convincing her family but herself. It was only later in the movie that she had a form resolve to go on with the wedding irrespective of what her parents had to say.:597f82538c2cb_tw_confounded1: Can totally relate to that struggle.