Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Lover's Wish

VINA

22 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

Why do you think this universe must be created by an entity? And don't you think such entity must also need a bigger entity to create it? And on, and on and on...leading to infinite regress. If scientists had imbibed this mindset lot of scientific breakthrough won't have happened.

I'll DM you for the books. Lol

Albert Einstein was a firm believer in God. In fact, he even went as far as to say, “Everyone who is seriously committed to the cultivation of science becomes convinced that in all the laws of the universe is manifest a spirit vastly superior to man, and to which we with our powers must feel humble.” and “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” I'm sure we both understand what the second verse means'.

Charles Darwin said "“I have never denied the existence of God. I think the theory of evolution is fully compatible with faith in God. I think the greatest argument for the existence in God is the impossibility of demonstrating and understanding that the immense universe, sublime above all measure, and man were the result of chance." I mean come on, how can you even be a lover of the female form and say it just happened by chance. You are hurting me :(

Anther scientist said “It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man’s mind to atheism, but depth philosophy bringeth men’s minds to religion; for while the mind of man looketh upon second causes scattered, it may sometimes rest in them and go no further.” Atheism is can be mind limiting.

Louis Pasteur, Francis Collins, Isacc newton, Michael Faraday, Johannes Kepler, James Joule, Carolus Linnaeus, Gregor Mendel, Blaise Pascal. Just to name a few of the worlds greatest minds whose breakthroughs you refer to. All firm believers of God or a higher being.

Abeg let me read said books so i can get a proper, firmer understanding. And if it raises belief swaying questions about religion, i will make a thread. But i will also report you and @Farida to my mother so she knows how to direct her prayer points.

LOL just kidding, nothing can make me stop believing in God:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

"Nothing can make me stop believing in God" lmao used to be my line back in the day. @Gimbiyya my friend, its sad to see that you engaged and wasted your time here (Hawken no offense please) Gimbs, You don't engage religious people with science talk (too complex for them). heck! Never Debate with them. You'll never win. The only weapon you have against a religious person is reason & logic but they're immune to both. Believe system is like matrix... it's being controlled from the inside. You're being programmed to obey and defend the matrix system irrespective of what's true or not. It's usually a hard task to unplug someone from the matrix. So how do I engage religious people? Let them bring their argument on. For every of their point, there's a contradictory in their holy books. So you give them a book and verse number. And when they accuse you of taking it out of context, you tell them that you're not a cherry picker. You can't overlook the irregularities. Remember you might never win. But a curious mind will stop at nothing but find the truth in that book for  themselves. I'm not an ex Christian because of some science book. I'm an ex Christian because of the so-called holy books. I read a lot of it with an open mind. You can't have an opinion if you want to know the truth. So my dear @Hawken i can give you some troubling verses in the Bible & Qur'an if you want. 

7 hours ago, Farida said:

@GimbiyyaYou don't engage religious people with science talk (too complex for them). 

I read a lot of it with an open mind. You can't have an opinion if you want to know the truth.

So my dear @Hawken i can give you some troubling verses in the Bible & Qur'an if you want. 

Too complex for them? LEWL imagine science been too complex for Issac Newton and the likes. Oh, how they turn in their graves!

Oh yes. I agree you shouldn't read with a bias mind. I started one of the books Gimbs sent to me this morning, and from the preface, i already saw how flawed his logic was. And then i stopped and thought, perhaps I'm been biased..? 10 pages in and i realized the writer himself was biased. So....

And by all means, give me troubling verses in the Bible. I know several so i hope i see something new. Not interested in the Qur'an.

Also, keep in mind that i have said several times, that i believe Christianity as a religion was founded by God but man has changed it or at least attempted to in other to control.

@Hawken@Hawken, I'm aware there are lots of scientists who believe in the existence of god. And I'm also aware non of their scientific discoverings were as a result of adhering dogmatically to certain scriptures. Science has never been compatable with religion, religion  is hostile to scientific inquiry. Which is why lots of scientists were executed, burn to the stake by the church during the dark ages when Christianity was ruling, especially those scientists that came up theories contradictory to biblical beliefs. 

Whoa you find one of the books biased and flawed? I'd like to know how you arrived at this tho.

"I mean come on, how can you even be a lover of the female form and say it just happened by chance. You are hurting me" hahah yea the female! Hmmn such a bliss!  But which is more realistic na? That these females were created from a rib/mud or that they are a product of Evolution which undergoes genetic changes over time.

@Farida Lol. Cognitive dissonance you know, plus childhood indoctrination is a bitch. 

Lol at Nothing can make me stop believing in god. Never say never. The believe in Allah is more intoxicating mehn yet I dumped that shit. Well I'm not saying you should dumped your Jesus but your love for Jesus shouldn't cloud your reasoning and prevent you from embracing reality. 

Lol..

What food do you guys eat? @ Hawkins, @farida @Gambiya?

I ask cos it takes someone that is well fed to be able to write all that..

Anyway, I enjoyed everything I read.see me smiling like a Cheshire cat while reading.

Vina why did you tap out nau?:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

@Hawken@Hawken, I'm aware there are lots of scientists who believe in the existence of god. And I'm also aware non of their scientific discoverings were as a result of adhering dogmatically to certain scriptures. Science has never been compatable with religion, religion  is hostile to scientific inquiry. Which is why lots of scientists were executed, burn to the stake by the church during the dark ages when Christianity was ruling, especially those scientists that came up theories contradictory to biblical beliefs. 

Whoa you find one of the books biased and flawed? I'd like to know how you arrived at this tho.

"I mean come on, how can you even be a lover of the female form and say it just happened by chance. You are hurting me" hahah yea the female! Hmmn such a bliss!  But which is more realistic na? That these females were created from a rib/mud or that they are a product of Evolution which undergoes genetic changes over time.

@Farida Lol. Cognitive dissonance you know, plus childhood indoctrination is a bitch. 

Lol at Nothing can make me stop believing in god. Never say never. The believe in Allah is more intoxicating mehn yet I dumped that shit. Well I'm not saying you should dumped your Jesus but your love for Jesus shouldn't cloud your reasoning and prevent you from embracing reality. 

LEWL never suffered from cognitive dissonance in my life.

Anyhow, we have derailed this thread enough. There used to be a time in a NL when derailing was a serious offense lol. I don't want to catch any heat abeg. I will create thread in due time.

9 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Lol..

What food do you guys eat? @ Hawkins, @farida @Gambiya?

I ask cos it takes someone that is well fed to be able to write all that..

LOL well fed ke? When my father is not a politician.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hawken said:

There used to be a time in a NL when derailing was a serious offense lol. I don't want to catch any heat abeg. I will create thread in due time.

Hahahaha. Lots of *serious* people those times. NL was their NTA :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

• Haha 1