Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry in Liverpool accused of offering 'dangerous' therapy to ‘cure’ homosexuality

FlyJ

• Administrators

A church in Anfield which offered a “dangerous” therapy to “cure” homosexuality is part of a world-wide network, with thousands of branches globally.

The Mountain of Miracles and Fire Ministries (MFM), which has 90 branches in the UK including in Liverpool and Manchester, was today revealed as offering ‘conversion therapy’ from its Breck Road branch.

An undercover ECHO investigation found the church’s assistant pastor was recommending a three-day programme involving not eating or drinking throughout in order to ‘cure’ homosexuality - which they described as a “deceit of Satan”.

While the exposé focused on a single church within the network, the global organisation advertises similar “deliverance” therapies on its global and national websites.

Founded in 1989 in Lagos, Nigeria, the church has thousands of branches around the world which cater to the Nigerian community and has previously been described as a “pray the gay away” church due to its controversial views on homosexuality.

599179751f1fd.JPG

The head of the organisation, Daniel Kolawole Olukoya, also known as ‘Daddy O.G,’ has published dozens of prayer books, many of which feature a prayer aimed at those “caught in the bondage of homosexuality, lesbianism, masturbation and prostitution’.

The prayer, named “power against sexual perversion,” has appeared in titles including ‘Drawers of Power From the Heavenlies’ and ‘Prayer Rain’ - both easily available to purchase online for as little as £4.

While our undercover reporter was not asked to pay for the therapy, MFM’s global website does allow followers to donate to the church.

It is not known how much money is donated, but the page also features a function which allows people to ‘sow into Daddy G.O’s life’ by giving the pastor money directly via Paypal.

Source

• Like 1

See ehn, I dont even have power to type. I don't know where to start from. They think the west are as crude and gullible like back home abi? I can't deal.

Sow seeds through PayPal? I bet they will never say no to my lesbian money. Tswww

• Moderators

Hahahaha. I would never say no to your lesbian money too :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

This post is laughable. Lol. I laughed when I saw the headline. Reminded me of the incidence that took place at Jesus House in London. Same practices. Theresa May even visited the church. Lol... A case of the blind leading the blind. 

As always, to each their own. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jenny1403 said:

Thrash. ...I got Nothing to say 

This isnt worth my typing effort plissss

Hahahaha. Aunty Jenny. Please No vex ma.