Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Movie Review: Below her mouth

Althena

So I saw the preview to the movie on NL first but then I forgot about it. I finally got my hands on it this weekend and phew, very hot things in this movie.

The movie is a typical queer girl meets 'straight girl' in a relationship but still pursues her. Chaos ensues and bla-bla-bla. Just imagine Jenny and Marina in season 1 of Lword.

SOME SMALL SPOILERS:

I didn’t appreciate when Dallas didn’t stand up to the sexist men when they were catcalling, and the way she treated Joselyn was annoying. Almost like she was trying to hard to be Shane. But following that their initial conversation at the bar was nice and their first kiss was just the right amount of want, teasing, and asking the reluctant partner to take control. I can totally see how that will happen in real life and the ensuing freaking out with her friend.

The sexuality, curiosity and discovery was handled with a lot of honesty. The scene in the bathroom where Jasmine masturbated to her working was just that: indulging in a fantasy you can't have, yet you want so desperately. That is something I can even see myself doing. Thumbs up to the sound engineer.

Their scene behind the dumpster was HOT. The foreplay on the car was sizzling. When Dallas asked Jasmine about the strap-on, and all she got was a leg raised, I almost came in my pants. That is enthusiastic consent handled with class. Then leading her hands to control how deep she wanted it to go, just phew! The face sitting was electric. The tribbing was realistic. Basically, the sex was tasteful not not as performative as Blue Is The Warmest Color.

Their post-sex talks about their wants, needs, desires were unraveled like poetry. Layer by layer, exposed one after the other. They were reckless, electric, playful, wild, hot. And did they burn hot.

One of the things I love about the movie is the fact that a strap-on was visible in many scenes. I think too many people shy away from displaying or discussing the simple fact that many queer women (lesbians, bisexuals, GNCs, pansexuals) enjoy and participate in penetrative sex. The butches, the femmes, the masculine-off-center, many people enjoy toys and I am glad it was so effortlessly introduced.

MAJOR SPOILERS: DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE

When the fiancee caught them and she said "she is a woman," that broke my heart. Too many times people say that like it doesn’t make a difference. Like women can't be in relationships and be in love, and f***k each other. Like it is half a relationship. It really hurt coming from another queer. In fact, he was the one who countered her. All in all, I am conflicted in how the movie ended. I am glad that they got a happy ending, but I am unhappy that two people who cheated got away with it. Urgh!

For those of you who have seen it, what do you think?

Nice movie. Loved the sex scenes, I had to wash up a couple of times #snickers.

I however did not really fancy the story line, it's a little weak imo but still a great watch.

My question now is, how can I get those kind of roles??? I don't mind pressing boobs on set o. Lol

Is it the movie where the first scene was of two girls doing it? And the chic on top was just going at it like they forced her?

If it is, boring. Skipped through it.

But i'll give the sex scenes 6.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:53 AM, vina said:

Nice movie. Loved the sex scenes, I had to wash up a couple of times #snickers.

I however did not really fancy the story line, it's a little weak imo but still a great watch.

My question now is, how can I get those kind of roles??? I don't mind pressing boobs on set o. Lol

Likkkkkeeeeee! Imagine being paid to press boobs :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1::597f839621a8f_tw_heart1:

• 7 months later...

The sex scenes is just overwhelmingly impressive, 

Even though the storyline was somewhat bland,  I really like.  The movie also reminded me of "blue is a warmest colour", I am more gay after this movie. So, I'd give it an 8/10.

The movie was quite good, I just don't like that many LGBT movies portray dikes as assholes. I didn't like the way Dallas treated her ex girlfriend and how easily she gave up on the new one after they were caught but in all am glad they came back together for a happy ending