Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

On Coming Out

kimi

Question

• Moderators

If you came out today, which member of your family do you think would come around to accepting you first? Give a reason for your selection. 

11 answers to this question

My only sister....we re extremely close, she has actually walked into my house once and found me with a gal in bed...she never judged or crucified me, even when i tried apologizing later, she was jss lik ; look watever makes u happy

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jenny1403 said:

My only sister....we re extremely close, she has actually walked into my house once and found me with a gal in bed...she never judged or crucified me, even when i tried apologizing later, she was jss lik ; look watever makes u happy

Awwwwh.... now this is what love looks like. Truly, You're blessed.

My younger sister. She says I'm too perfect to deliberately do anything wrong/harmful to myself or others. She believes in me. 

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

My brother. The one right after me.

He often jokes 'seriously' about he being fine with me being gay and how he would love me regardless. 😕🙃

My immediate elder brother, he's open minded and when we talk about queerness, he's always like "they should leave gays alone" and shii. If he wasn't married and likes women so much, I would think he was gay. He would definitely be by my side.

• Upvote 1

None. Sadly my family is extremely conservative. They will all believe I'm a little demon who has gone astray. I know they won't stop loving me tho. They just won't want me to end up in hell :597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Thinking.......... My family no send you at all but my father will definitely join my mother in heaven the day I decide to come out. 

21 hours ago, Jenny1403 said:

awww that's how sisters should be my own eh...  I know my mom will

11 hours ago, Farida said:

My younger sister. She says I'm too perfect to deliberately do anything wrong/harmful to myself or others. She believes in me. 

Awww thats sweeet