Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

Question

11 answers to this question

• Moderators

4 - 12 months thereabouts.

The older I get, the longer time I require to 'recover' from a break so to speak. Lol. I am very passionate and quite intense, what I find is that because I immerse the whole of myself into a relationship, a break tends to leave me emotionally exhausted. Lol. The exhaustion is what I take time to recover from these days...

An emotionally exhausted me is practically useless to anyone. I could try but I wouldn't have anything left to love you with. Lol. 

If its someone I fall face flat in love with. I don't think I ever recover....I could pretend to with the help of alcohol and many sidetractions but recovery is never in full.

• Like 1

Took me almost 1½ years to get over my first and that was not even completely....  The more I am into the Person, the more I sink myself, so getting out is always emotionally draining and time consuming ....

Unfortunately for me,  I can only date people I actually and genuinely feel something strong for... I Dont have the capacity to date someone outside love/very very strong like...

Give or take 2 years b4 I try again.

I think it depends. I used o be very attached to individuals I love. But I learnt to live with my head as well as my heart.

Recovery becomes a process too, both head and heart work through healing. I don't think I have ever thought of the time frame. The person involved is a strong determinant though. 

The best way to get over someone is to get underneath someone they said lol. Well i've always been too strong for my own good. I've never allowed myself be fully immersed in love. I don't let my happiness be dependent on someone that way if yeye start dey smell i can quickly rejuvenate without them. Anyway, there's no time frame for me tbh. Depends on when i find someone again and no the person won't be a rebound. 

On 09/10/2017 at ***:20 AM, Farida said:

The best way to get over someone is to get underneath someone they said lol. Well i've always been too strong for my own good. I've never allowed myself be fully immersed in love. I don't let my happiness be dependent on someone that way if yeye start dey smell i can quickly rejuvenate without them. Anyway, there's no time frame for me tbh. Depends on when i find someone again and no the person won't be a rebound. 

You are harsh o.