Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Battle it Out

kimi

• Moderators

So I had this idea to start a series whereby members who will be paired, battle it out. This is how it will be played:

let's say the game selected is "names of states". The duo in the battle ring will have to keep posting till one person either repeats a word or is unable/fails to after 30seconds. Hopefully 30seconds is enough time to ensure people don't have enough time to run to google and back. Lol. 

No prizes so please no cheating k... makes for more fun. 

If you think this is something you will like to participate in, please sign up below 🙄😋

I will do the pairing of who would battle it out with whom. Yay. Lol. Also, I'm thinking this should run weekends when people are most likely to have some time to themselves (with minimal interruptions). 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Place a prize tag on it and count me in. Don't shout o, who doesn't like prizes? 

Hahahaha. The only way I could make that happen is if the winner in each set battles it out with each other such that we have the semi-finals, finals and ultimately a single winner... sounds great!

I would think of a prize and announce it here. Donations are welcome!

Thanks for the suggestion aunty wa 😁

• Moderators

Awwwh.... you won't believe this girls! I have gotten pms from two members who choose to remain anonymous.

One has pledged N5,000 and the other N2,000 towards the tournament. 

A big thank you to our sponsors/partners. God go make you big.

PS: There iz also room for adverts... come advertise your kunu and ogi baba here. Take your business to the next level!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Teewhy said:

You see. Nothing bad in asking for things. Lemme coman advertise my zobo with puff-puff. 

Hahahaha. Yes o. I will buy, I love me some puff puff☻

• Moderators

Time-Table for this weekend's Tournaments

Saturday, 23rd September Play-offs: Time 8PM

SET A: @scarlet v @Gimbiyya

SET B: @Teewhy v @Suavity

SET C: @bluelion v @kimi

Sunday, 24th September Play-offs: Time 8PM

SET D: @Jenny1403 v @FlyJ

SET E: @HotSauce v @JayJacks

Does 8PM work for everyone? Let's agree on time k... 

• Moderators

This is how it will be sequenced:

I will set up a new thread with the names of contestants as the header. I will be time keeper as well. I encourage everyone not playing to also keep an eye on the game and clock. The next set begins play-offs immediately after the previous, I will be responsible for setting up the threads for each set.

Can I ask @Suavity to please moderate SET C? You will be both responsible for choosing topic and time keeping. Please confirm with a Yes or No 🙄🤗

NL peeps, Do you think 30seconds non-response time works? Or do i extend the window for inactiveness? Your input is required. 

To make it fun and funny, each tournament is to begin with the contestants giving an introduction of themeselves and choosing battle names. Lol. Dance into the ring with your favourite battles song as well if you would like. You will be given two minutes to brag to the world about how great you like is done in real life tournaments. Optional as well. 

30seconds is too small considering the network problem one might face when battling. I suggest you increase the time for activeness. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Teewhy said:

30seconds is too small considering the network problem one might face when battling. I suggest you increase the time for activeness. 

How many minutes do you reckon would be sufficient?