Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Peter Okoye splits from Psquare

FlyJ

• Administrators

psquaree.jpg

Peter Okoye of the Nigerian music duo, Psquare, has allegedly split from the group.

According to a letter circulating on social media, purportedly sent by Peter Okoye to Festus Keyamo chambers, Peter said he had decided to terminate the agreement between him and Psquare.

Recently, the announcement of Peter’s new stage name, Mr P, on social media,  had led to rumours that the brothers were not in good terms.

But in the letter that has since gone viral, Peter Okoye stated his reasons for terminating the agreement between Paul and older brother/ manager, Jude Okoye, adding that he had acted with caution because the safety of his family was his priority.

Mr P also stated that his decision was a painful one as he wished his brothers well in their future endeavours.

He said, “What I am about to do has been the most difficult decision to make, I have tried and exhausted all my options to make this work. However, it seems that Paul is not willing to cooperate.

“For example, he cancelled our US tour without discussing it with me, he cancelled each show we were booked for.

“He has also been accusing and threatening my wife and family of unimaginable lies via social media outlets. I and my wife have been getting different threatening messages…

“I cannot continue with Psquare in conditions like this that will jeopardize my well-being.

“We all have agreed that as long as PSquare is in existence, we can operate as individuals as long as it doesn’t tamper with the group songs.

“I wish Jude and Paul the best in their careers, I love them and their families but my family comes first.”

Source

• Like 1

• Administrators

The Family Issues between the Psquare brothers today took to another direction as the trio of brothers almost came to blows during what looked like a mediation session at their Lawyer’s Office. This comes as Peter reportedly sends a termination notice to Rudeboy Records yesterday which signifies his wanting out from the group following a bitter dispute between him and his twin brother Paul.

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ahn ahn... na wa o... 

Siblings fight/have disagreements all the time. I expect them to settle this without involving the rest of the world. Totally uncalled for. 

I had to double check the time this post was made because I feel like this has happened before. Didn't they separate and then reconcile last year? Is it happening again or am I just confused?? 

They should just leave Peter to leave biko. Siblings fight all the time but their older brother who's supposed to be the voice of wisdom in times like this has obviously picked a side. Makes one wonder.