Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Women in Saudi Arabia rejoice as driving ban on women lifted.

Mimy

Saudi Arabia's King Salman has issued a decree allowing women to drive for the first time.

Activist Sahar Nassif told the BBC she was "very, very excited - Jumping up and down and laughing" 

"I'm going to buy my dream car, a convertible Mustang, and it's going to be black and yellow," she said.

IMG_20170926_233644.jpg

• Moderators

Wow... one would think that with the level of national development the Arabs have attained, such regressive mindsets would have ceased ages ago. Alas. One step at a time, congrats to them all.

Why men (a term I use loosley to refer to humans) seek to control and repress is absolutely beyond me. 

This is 2017 and Saudi women are just getting the right to drive, in 2017! They finally allowed sense to fall on them. a least these women can not only drive cars but also own them. that's huge. but, I have said it before, Saudi Arabia is the most repressive country on earth. Worse than North Korea. Just that they buy a lot of weapons from the US, so the US doesn't make human rights demands on them, and American Propaganda machinery are silent about it. Repressive Inhuman Intolerant, ignorant Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia is a theocratic country practicing the sunni creed of Islam. With sharia laws as it constitution. So it will be hard for them to do away with such regressive mindsets when the system itself is based on a regressive ideology. Sadly lots of Saudi women activist have been lashed and Jailed for proposing this same change they finally implement.