Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Pastors praying for ‘that spirit that reduces weight’ to deliver Overweight Woman

FlyJ

• Administrators

Screen-Shot-2017-10-05-at-9.15.22-PM.png

There’s a video currently trending on social media and it has caused quite the reaction from a lot of people.

In the video, an overweight woman lies on the floor while some pastors are gathered around her, praying for “that spirit that reduces weight” to help the woman lose weight.

Makeup artist turned fitness instructor Segun Gele posted the video on Instagram and wrote that “This right here is mockery in a place of worship and I think these pastors are pushing it too far”.

On-Air personality Freeze also adds his two cents. He says:

What a league of morons!!!

Only in Nigeria would these world class cretins pray for what healthy living, gym registration and dieting can solve.

Although God is very real, religion is nothing but an illusion, created by the oppressed to subdue the harshness of their reality!

To call for the abolition of the illusion necessitates creating conditions that don’t require the illusions.

Ever wondered what the correlation between religion and poverty is? The poorer a nation, the more the requirement for religion to create that illusion that acts as an escape from the reality of the situation of the oppressed.

Why on earth will a clown offer you an apron to protect you from attacks, while they themselves have bullet proof cars and armed body guards to protect them from those same attacks?

Some people thrive from ensuring these illusions are kept alive, thus are at the epicenter of the problem itself.

Remove those making a living off the illusion (Yahoo boy Pastors) and those creating the conditions that require the illusions (corrupt politicians) and our society will heal itself like magic, in no time.

The failure to act now, is extremely perilous! ~FRZ

The YouTube page is the official page for a Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin of Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministries (CMDM) in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria.

What do you ladies think? 

Source

• Like 1

Haha if toh say na like so life easy eh:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1: nah deliverance things for every 1 pound I add to my weight.  all I have to say is...pastor please pray for me, I have the spirit of fatness and i am good. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Hahahaha. As in. This is some illiteracy of the highest order. Kmt. Na wa... why do our people want everything handed down without effort? Even the will to reason is lacking. Na wa smh

This same pastor prayed for a young man with alleged penile dysfunction. This pastor had this guy sporting a full blown erection in the front of the congregation. Full blown erection my people, full blown erection in front of church.

It was appalling to watch.

God work in mysterious ways. Everything you ask for in prayers will be yours, if you only have faith. 

All I see in this video is people with faith. Argue with your faith. :597f8385cda73_tw_glasses1:

16 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

God work in mysterious ways. Everything you ask for in prayers will be yours, if you only have faith. 

All I see in this video is people with faith. Argue with your faith. :597f8385cda73_tw_glasses1:

haha abeg this faith how will it work? will she wake up in the morning and slim down like Agbani Darego? i no still understand lol

The Idea is ; After such attention and effort, it will be impressed upon her subconscious/ consciousness to focus more on everything that helps her loose weight. Eating less, fasting, exercising  - with hope and faith of course.. "Faith by work. Faith without work is vain" (as she's  obviously a Christian). 

That's what prayer, mantra, chanting, meditatuon, religion also does.

Apart from the popular belief that there's a true God who really does listen to prayers, prayer is far more than a religious routine and just a type of mental therapy. Scientifically, its been proven there are many health benefits of prayer. Scientists have begun to consider the potential tangible (i.e., measurable) effects of prayer.

"Studies shows that self-control is like a muscle, it gets fatigued. You can only do so many push-ups before your muscles give out. Similarly, activities that require self-control are fatiguing, making it more difficult to make good choices the more you have to use your "self-control muscle.". Such recent research shows that prayer can help you get more out of your "self-control muscle." 

To think about it, you are more likely to lose your cool or engage in mindless eating when you are mentally exhausted. 

One other popular study demonstrated the prayer reduces alcohol consumption, which may also reflect the exercise of self-control.

Findings such as these suggest that prayer has an energizing effect.