Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

Hey ladies,

How's your Saturday coming along. Here are a few questions/issues to chat about over lunch 😊

1. How easy are you to be with when irritable, cranky or having a mood swing? Those days when you just don't feel like being cheered up. Lol

2. How do you manage it in your relationship? Are you type that withdraws and would rather be left alone or do you prefer that she caters to you?

3. Do you think there is a best/better way of managing mood swings when in a relationship (in consideration to your partner)?

Let's get this conversation started... 

When am having a mood swing i don't like talking and I really luv to be left alone. When it comes to managing mood swings in a relationship personally speaking I believe for you to be in a relationship with someone that means to a certain extent u understand each other so if ur partner is having a mood swing u should understand let her have her space for that moment.

Been in a relationship, that means u both understand n know each other to a certain level... So for me i think there isnt any better way to manage mood swings other than understanding n knowing how each other feels when moody or cranky.

I dont like talking n luv to be left alone for a while when moody.

But most times, my mood swings isnt wat a chilled bottle of coke or Irish whiskey (Jameson) cant handle... Just for few mins.

For me, I'm very easy to please..I'm hardly cranky or moody, and if and when I do, all it takes is a calm and reassuring word from my partner, and I'm okay.I love attention, so I am not one to stay away from people when having a moment.I love to be coddled.

However, if my partner is the cranky, irritable, red haired temper type, I always have a way of calming her down.its all about observing and understanding your partner.if you notice your partner is the type that wants to be left alone when cranky, take a step back and give her time then try to make her feel better.cater to her, take her out, make her laugh if you are together..

If you are not in the same city, spend time on phone with her, send re assuring words to her via chats..the goal is to make her snap out of the mood.you've got to be her personal clown..

If you are the type that tells your partner 'f***k off' and she replies 'Go to hell' when mad, who wants to calm who down?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kimi kim.. Saturday is coming along great.. just getting out of bed here :)   Anyhoo to answer your questions..

I hardly have those days when I get moody.. And when I'm moody I can easily be cheered up..I actually like being catered to.. Now when I'm in relationships it's a bit tricky because I've never been with a woman  that doesn't get cranky or moody. I just let them be and give them their space. No one has time to be around a moody or cranky woman :)

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, sumtnu4got said:

kimi kim.. Saturday is coming along great.. just getting out of bed here :)   Anyhoo to answer your questions..

I hardly have those days when I get moody.. And when I'm moody I can easily be cheered up..I actually like being catered to.. Now when I'm in relationships it's a bit tricky because I've never been with a woman  that doesn't get cranky or moody. I just let them be and give them their space. No one has time to be around a moody or cranky woman :)

Hahahahaha meanie @ the bolded. How is you doing stranger *wink*

Whenever someone is moody the best option is to leave the person for a while, that person will come around eventually (speaking of me) when am moody and someone disturbs me I get really pissed off so the best thing is to let me be. When my partner gets moody also I will just let her be too. 

Boyyyy I love my space. I don't give it up. I don't expect my partner's either. When am having a moment, I like to be left alone. I come around when I'm done. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/14/2017 at 7:54 AM, Txunamy said:

However, if my partner is the cranky, irritable, red haired temper type, I always have a way of calming her down.its all about observing and understanding your partner.if you notice your partner is the type that wants to be left alone when cranky, take a step back and give her time then try to make her feel better.cater to her, take her out, make her laugh if you are together.

🙄

• 5 months later...

"Sis, leave me alone 😒" that's me when I'm irritated. If you want to make me feel better, you could make me something to eat. But do it quietly and still leave me alone. 😒

But that feeling doesn't last and before long I'm all over you, sulking and complaining about the people or things that irritated me while you play with my hair 😣