Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Zaya - A heartwarming short film about queer love and acceptance

FlyJ

• Administrators

zaya-in-article.jpg

A French film about two queer black women falling passionately in love is now available to watch online.

Susanne Serres, screenwriter and filmmaker of Zaya, describes it as “a short film promoting love and acceptance”.

The protagonist, Zaya, is a contemporary dancer who realises that she’s attracted to Nadege, her dance partner.

To be able to face who she is entirely, Zaya feels the need to overcome her internal fear and come out to her mother.

Her mother’s unwavering love and immediate acceptance is an emotional thing to watch, and is a much-needed relief from the tragedy so often portrayed in LGBT+ movies.

Source

• Like 2

Nice one. Wish I could tell my father and he tells me he's proud of me., but reverse is gonna be the case, the man go just faint. That Nadege ugly sha!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Moderators

Awwwwwh.... cute girl.

How did I manage to miss this thread? :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1:

That Nadege girl must be a player. Ahn ahn... cradle snatching; using erotic dances as her seduction tool. All baby lesbians, beware of every Nadege in your life o... Datsall. 🙄

22 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Nice one. Wish I could tell my father and he tell me he's proud of me., but reverse is gonna be the case, the man go just faint. That Nadege ugly sha!!! 

Lol