Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What's the worst thing that's happened to you while traveling?

Farida

On my way back from Kaduna today, sat next to this grown ass man. He brought Jollof rice, boiled eggs, i-surrender chicken, and meat pie with him. All these foods for an hour 30 mins drive. He ate everything under 40 minutes. As we were going o he bought groundnut thats how oga started farting upandan. I asked the driver to wind down. Soon as he did, oga vomited everything he ate on my body. We packed to clean up the mess. Our car refused to start. We started stopping cars asking for lifts but no one would stop as kaduna-abuja road is not safe (many cases of robbery and kidnappings). Long story short after about 40 minutes someone stopped. The sufferation wey man face today ehn😰

• Haha 2

Eyah kpele ...mine should be when I was traveling to Abuja once ...the guy sitting  next to me told me about his ancestors...this man kept talking and talking ...I felt like crying ...at same point self I even feigned sleep...oga was telling me how his doctor told him about the most comfortable sleep positions...I was so happy the flight was for just 45minutes...unless I swear I would have ran mad 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Farida said:

All these foods for an hour 30 mins drive. He ate everything under 40 minutes. As we were going o he bought groundnut thats how oga started farting upandan. I asked the driver to wind down. Soon as he did, oga vomited everything he ate on my body. We packed to clean up the mess. Our car refused to start.

:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1::597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1: thanks for this. Loool. Sorry o... choi.

:597bbc0c23671_EverythingGodeyAlright:

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Farida said:

On my way back from Kaduna today, sat next to this grown ass man. He brought Jollof rice, boiled eggs, i-surrender chicken, and meat pie with him. All these foods for an hour 30 mins drive. He ate everything under 40 minutes. As we were going o he bought groundnut thats how oga started farting upandan. I asked the driver to wind down. Soon as he did, oga vomited everything he ate on my body. We packed to clean up the mess. Our car refused to start. We started stopping cars asking for lifts but no one would stop as kaduna-abuja road is not safe (many cases of robbery and kidnappings). Long story short after about 40 minutes someone stopped. The sufferation wey man face today ehn😰

Chai... Sorry ooo. It's funny but not funny

1 hour ago, Farida said:

Its a pity. I hope you are back to base and much better?

Oh my! What a trip.

Someone throwing up on me? Ewww..I would barf all over the place.

I remember the good 'Ol days when kaduna-Abuja road was safe..then I used to travel from abuja to Kaduna every weekend.

The worst road trip for me was sitting close to a woman with a horrible mouth odour.I dunno if she ate a dead rat or something, but every time she opened her mouth to speak, I gasp for air..that's how bad it was.

• Haha 2

Mehn! Things have happened. Our tyre burst about four times, it rained hard, the roads were horrible. Last time the tyre burst we had to park our car with a good northern dude who promised to look after it for us. His name was Suleiman or so and he made me believe good people still exist irrespective of tribe. He even hailed us a cab to Minna. It was so late and there were no cabs then finally one stops but it had just one space and we were two. Well I had to squeeze myself into the drivers seat gan gan, the man turned my breast to his hand rest and when he wants to change gear, he did so with my waist. Well luckily for me, he was wearing a Hausa perfume so..... Anyways I got home safely. I will never forget that journey.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, vina said:

Mehn! Things have happened. Our tyre burst about four times, it rained hard, the roads were horrible. Last time the tyre burst we had to park our car with a good northern dude who promised to look after it for us. His name was Suleiman or so and he made me believe good people still exist irrespective of tribe. He even hailed us a cab to Minna. It was so late and there were no cabs then finally one stops but it had just one space and we were two. Well I had to squeeze myself into the drivers seat gan gan, the man turned my breast to his hand rest and when he wants to change gear, he did so with my waist. Well luckily for me, he was wearing a Hausa perfume so..... Anyways I got home safely. I will never forget that journey.

Ha hahaha @ 'turned my breast to his hand rest' I just pictured that and I erupted in laughter..chai! 

Hello V..

The letter V is my favorite letter in the Alphabet.. Its got this sexy undertone to it..

*clears throat*

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Ha hahaha @ 'turned my breast to his hand rest' I just pictured that and I erupted in laughter..chai! 

Hello V..

The letter V is my favorite letter in the Alphabet.. Its got this sexy undertone to it..

*clears throat*

Pls pronounce it, i will like to hear d sexy undertone...

*wink*

*Smile*

10 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Oh my! What a trip.

Someone throwing up on me? Ewww..I would barf all over the place.

I remember the good 'Ol days when kaduna-Abuja road was safe..then I used to travel from abuja to Kaduna every weekend.

The worst road trip for me was sitting close to a woman with a horrible mouth odour.I dunno if she ate a dead rat or something, but every time she opened her mouth to speak, I gasp for air..that's how bad it was.

E say na dead rat 😂

8 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Hello V..

*clears throat*

Hehehe. I would love to hear you say my name... Scratch that, you should scream it. #jumps fence

Eh, i don't really travel much but the worst so far was when i traveled from Benin to Osun and sat beside this woman with 3 kids. Normally, if i see kids in a bus, i make sure to pick a seat as far away as possible and that's exactly what i did. But last last, rearrangements had to be made and they were placed beside me. I was just there feeling like Oedipus, unable to escape my fate.

Btw, @Farida, sorry oo. I dunno what i would do if a grown ass man pukes on me. A child i can take, but an adult? I'd be hella pissed. I don't even know what I'd do.

I always travel with headphones to discourage conversationalists. So headphones plus my strong face usually leaves me traveling in peace.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vina said:

Hehehe. I would love to hear you say my name... Scratch that, you should scream it. #jumps fence

Hehehehe!

Don't tempt me Lady...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hawken said:

Eh, i don't really travel much but the worst so far was when i traveled from Benin to Osun and sat beside this woman with 3 kids. Normally, if i see kids in a bus, i make sure to pick a seat as far away as possible and that's exactly what i did. But last last, rearrangements had to be made and they were placed beside me. I was just there feeling like Oedipus, unable to escape my fate.

Btw, @Farida, sorry oo. I dunno what i would do if a grown ass man pukes on me. A child i can take, but an adult? I'd be hella pissed. I don't even know what I'd do.

I always travel with headphones to discourage conversationalists. So headphones plus my strong face usually leaves me traveling in peace.

Thank you. I wanted to die ehn. Thank goodness I handled it well in the end

• 1 year later...

Hehehehe!! All these stories reminded me of my first trip to Uyo from Abuja. They said the vehicle would leave by 6:30am, it left by 9:45am! We got to kogi, stopped for a meal, got back to the bus and the doors refused to open! That was how they started hoisting people through the boot. The driver refused to stop for us to eat again, the hunger was real. I was sitting behind because I hate that door traffic, but with the boot being behind me, I got just that traffic each time anyone wanted to ease themselves. I got so angry at everyone buying water on that trip ehn, it was a personal something. Tedious trip but I made 3 friends so it was all good in the end.

• Haha 2

I remember  a trip from Lagos. I got to the park, almost everyone was buying this hot rice. I turned and l saw this vendor and first time in a long while l decided to buy this magazine that caught my attention.

On our way there's was this lady that eat rice at the park and bought extra and she was sitting next to me. Like an hour later, she eat the extra rice.

Like two hours later, she was asking the driver to stop but he refused. He said his next stop is Ore.

Before l knew it, this lady just throw up and part of it fell on  the my  magazine she has just borrowed. 

She tend to wash it but l managed to have back so that she won't feel bad. 

But as at the time got home, l was so irritated l had to trash it.

It pained me because normally l don't buy magazines and l just decided to buy that day but she just ruined the all thing.

And l think  since then l have never bought magazine again. Not for anything though, but because information is free these days.

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2017 at 12:23 PM, Txunamy said:

Was it worst than the body odor we smelled on some of the people we encountered there? 😀