Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Love Language, Anyone?

Txunamy

I came across a book two days ago titled "5 Love languages" by Dr Gary Chapman.

It made for quite an interesting read..

According to Dr Chapman, there are five universal ways of expressing love to your partner and they are..

1)word of Affirmation

2)Quality time

3)Receiving gifts

4) Acts of service

5) physical touch

I'd love to know guys, which Love language do you speak? All 5? 4? 3?

For me I speak 5)physical touch..

I'm a touch feely person, I express my love by physical touch..holding hands, back rub, hand rub, foot rub, kissing and all that stuff..

Followed by 1) word of affirmation..

What's yours?

• Like 1

I detest the word of  affirmation thing, but bae always prod me to say it, and I do, just because she loves to hear me say it. But personally,(1) I prefer acts of service, I believe love isn't about feelings but actions ( behaviors), so I just instinctively do anything that'd put a smile on her face. Just to show her, i love her. and i value quality time (no2) I love to listen to her prattles about a bad day or an annoying someborri or whatever, eat together, see a dumb movie and all those  things people who are inlove do with someone they love.(3) Then of course the physical touch, it's also a reassuring thing, I enjoy  throwing kisses here and there when we together.

29 minutes ago, scarlet said:

I detest the word of  affirmation thing, but bae always prod me to say it, and I do, just because she loves to hear me say it. But personally,(1) I prefer acts of service, I believe love isn't about feelings but actions ( behaviors), so I just instinctively do anything that'd put a smile on her face. Just to show her, i love her. and i value quality time (no2) I love to listen to her prattles about a bad day or an annoying someborri or whatever, eat together, see a dumb movie and all those  things people who are inlove do with someone they love.(3) Then of course the physical touch, it's also a reassuring thing, I enjoy  throwing kisses here and there when we together.

Awwww..that's so sweet Scarlet.

• Like 1

1) word of affirmation, I cherish this a lot. I turn poet when in love and I love to hear bae express how she feel about me wordily, using beautiful languages hmmn my head will just be swelling up.  

2)Quality time, I'm stingy with my time. Sign that you're important to me is that I give you lots of my time.

3)physical touch, touchy touchy hmmn it feel good, so I do it a lot. 

Wow,! I really do need to change o. I speak just one comfortably. Acts of service.

I'm of the opinion that it's better to show love than say it. So I would walk on hot coals for my lover but the rest ehn, I can't really say.

Who will teach me biko????

49 minutes ago, vina said:

Wow,! I really do need to change o. I speak just one comfortably. Acts of service.

I'm of the opinion that it's better to show love than say it. So I would walk on hot coals for my lover but the rest ehn, I can't really say.

49 minutes ago, vina said:

Hehehe..

I'm particularly interested in teaching you my fav..physical touch.:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kimi said:

Mine has changed over the years...

Right now: acts of service and quality time I think.

That's really cool..

*musing* But if one is in a long distance relationship, quality time is not feasible, I guess that's when words of affirmation does the whole trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gimbiyya said:

1) word of affirmation, I cherish this a lot. I turn poet when in love and I love to hear bae express how she feel about me wordily, using beautiful languages hmmn my head will just be swelling up.  

2)Quality time, I'm stingy with my time. Sign that you're important to me is that I give you lots of my time.

1 hour ago, Gimbiyya said:

Nice one Gambiyya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teewhy said:

Love is give and take right? Then give me the whole 5 and I dish them back to you. Shikena! 

Ha hahaha! Well, that's a whole new language.

Just kidding..you speak all 5, interesting..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teewhy said:

Love is give and take right? Then give me the whole 5 and I dish them back to you. Shikena! 

*thinking*

:597f8385cda73_tw_glasses1:

Am cool with dt, meet me at our usual arena. Let talk further.

*wink*

23 hours ago, Matty said:

*thinking*

:597f8385cda73_tw_glasses1:

Am cool with dt, meet me at our usual arena. Let talk further.

*wink*

Usual kini? Don't come and pour sand inside my sugar coated garri ooo. 

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, vina said:

Am free as a bird...... 

I volunteer to teach you and many more ....

Just holla when u ready......

7 hours ago, Matty said:

Am free as a bird...... 

I volunteer to teach you and many more ....

Just holla when u ready......

This is me hollering.

"I'M READY"

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 1:28 PM, Ivyy said:

For me I speak 5)physical touch..

I'm a touch feely person, I express my love by physical touch..holding hands, back rub, hand rub, foot rub, kissing and all that stuff

:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: Touchy people are bae.

That's not my language though. I just like the way touchy people make me feel. Lol.