Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Dad kills his 14yrs old son cos he"s gay....ladies what do you think of his actions???

oluchi

Dad kills his 14-yr-old son because he's gay

A 53-year-old dad Wendell Melton shot and killed his 14-year-old son Giovanni over his  sexual orientation.

"Giovanni was abused physically and mentally and spiritually for many, many years," said Sonja Jones, Giovanni's former foster mom. Over the phone, Jones spoke of the teen she loved as one of her own. .

Jones says she was told by another family member that part of the argument that led to the deadly shooting was over Giovanni's sexual orientation. Jones says Wendell Melton had problems with it. .

"He hated the fact that his son was gay," said Jones. "I'm sure that inside of his mind, he would rather have a dead son than a gay son." Court records show Wendell Melton worked for United Airlines. He once was a pilot. .

Jones says Wendell threatened his son before. "I'm hearing his dad had caught him with his boyfriend before and pulled out a gun on him," said Jones. Giovanni was a student at Coronado High School.

Jones says a beautiful life was taken away because of ignorance. "I hope they throw the book at him. I hope he never sees the light of day," said Jones. "I hope every day when he looks in the mirror, he sees his son's face."

icon_share.png

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ivyy said:

The boy is better off dead and resting than having a demon for a dad. 

it would've been better if not that the boy is too young to die

2 hours ago, Teewhy said:

That man should have died instead of his son. Foolish people. 

@Teewhy am so upset cos i think that as old as the father is, he will be sensible but NO ***wink*** he decides to be a fool by killing his son

2 hours ago, oluchi said:

it would've been better if not that the boy is too young to die

He is too young,  even better. He has been saved from the whole emotional torture he would have gone through in the hands of his dad,  which would have led him to taking his own life and ending up in hell. But at least,  this way,oh well.. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ivyy said:

ending up in hell

How? Why will he end up in hell if he had taken his own life?

@Op, this is really sad. That father must be a psycho.