Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Portia de Rossi: Steven Seagal Sexually Harassed Me During an Audition

FlyJ

• Administrators

portia-steven-seagal_720.jpg

Since the dam finally burst about Harvey Weinstein’s decades of serial sexual harassment and abuse of women in Hollywood, the #MeToo movement of people coming forward with their stories of surviving harassment has taken off and dozens of predatory men across industries have been exposed, many have lost their jobs, and some are under investigation. In a tweet on Thursday afternoon, actress Portia de Rossi (Scandal) — famously married to Ellen DeGeneres — added her name to the growing list of women who’ve come forward about harassment. 

Plenty of high-profile actresses, including Ashley Judd, Angelina Jolie, Lupita Nyong’o, Daryl Hannah, Rose McGowan, Lena Headey, and Rachel McAdams, have spoken out about abuse at the hands of male Hollywood power players like Weinstein, James Toback, and Brett Ratner, although the list of the accused in Hollywood and the media currently stands at more than 30 men. 

Male survivors of assault have also come forward. Nearly two weeks ago Kevin Spacey’s house of cards came crumbling down when actor Anthony Rapp alleged that a 26-year-old Spacey sexually abused him when he was just 14. To deflect from the story that he preyed on a teen boy, Spacey took the scandal as an opportunity to come out, but his strategy backfired and he’s been roundly castigated for it. Since then, more than a dozen accusers have come forward and Spacey has been fired from the hit Netflix series House of Cards.  

De Rossi’s tweet is not the first time Seagal’s been accused of sexual harassment. His former assistant Kayden Nguyen sued the action star for sexual harassment and human trafficking in 2010. 

While it seems certain that there's more to come regarding de Rossi’s allegations about Seagal, her tweet highlights a systemic problem with power players in the industry, who protect and help each other.

Source

• Like 1

This sexual harrasment something weaks me everyday. Hence, no comment. 

Next!!!!!! 

But wait oo, so Stephen no see person harass, na Ellen DeGeneres wife e face? Issokay. 

• Moderators

This is rather troubling...

I will now take it upon myself to expose and have these men face the wrath of the law if ever an abuse story gets to me with relevant proof. One too many stories abound on the news daily!!! What is it men and these hideous acts!!!

Later they will say it happens only in nollywood. I wonder what will happen if Nigerian actresses decide to open their mouths.

Portia did the right thing which automatically saved her from assault. Ellen will jes be vexing right now like kilode.

It's well.