Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

SIMI vs ASA

MENA

Simi, I have been hearing her songs randomly for sometime. So yesterday night, l just decided to watch her videos on YouTube.

And am so, so impressed, she is indeed a talent. She has her own tone and her videos is worth watching over and over again. For a long time , l haven't seen a  Nigeria music video that makes so much sense like Simi videos.

I use to be a fan of Asa because she has her own tone and  now comes Simi.

so l was wondering Simi and Asa songs which do you prefer the most and what is your favorite song?

39847_1-460x460.jpg

Simi-7.jpg

Simi is a pretty lady 😊. 

I'm leaning towards 'Joromi' and 'Tiff'. Can't pick. 

I like Asa's 'The One that Never Comes' 

If I was going to pick between the two though, I'd go with Asa. She hits all the right notes for me 👍🏾

• Moderators

Love love love Asa. Totally like Simi. They are each amazing talent in their own rights.

Can't seem to settle with a favourite. Each album is exceptional

Waoh! You guys seems to be more on the Asa side. That's nice, l have always love Asa but l can relate her sound.

But Simi sound there's this originality in it. Maybe is the India twist in her tone. 

l just loooooove Simi sound and her videos mmmh!

I think my Favorite of her song is Jamb question and smile for me.

22 hours ago, Farida said:

What is a simi please? This comparison is an insult to the legend. Let’s behave ourselves please😩😩

Farida, have you taken your time to listen to Simi's songs or watch her videos?

It is a thing to sing a song and is another thing to do a good video for that song. Which Simi passed very well on.

Meanwhile the reason for the comparison, is bcos l think they are the best female artist for now in Nigeria.Reason is they have their own sound.  

Even if Simi is still coming up, l think she has started very well and that's why the male artists just want to feature her in their songs.

l love. Asa but l can relate her sound to that Jamaica lady that made  hits in the late 80's to early 90's. Sorry I can't remember her name now.

• 1 month later...

I Love, love Asa.. I swear, I do.. 

But you see simi, she does it for me. I Love my music Evergreen, and I see simi making me happy in that sense.. 

I can't pick any between the two, time would tell.. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I love Asa. But that song Bumper rimifin makes no sense to me.

Simi is ok t oo. She also has originality. I like smile for me too. joroomi, not so much