Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Fate: Myth or Truth

kimi

• Moderators

Hello girls,

So, this post is inspired by @PixieRosecomment on the Lala Land thread.

So what do we all think?

Is our existence and journey on earth predestined and we are all simply living out the script written by the great hand or are our destines what we make of it, uninfluenced by any higher powers.

My dear...life in general is a product of our choices. Wen u wake up every morning,  u are faced with 2 options 

-you can decide to go out there , put your energies to work and make sumthing productive out of your day.

-You can also decide to fold yourself back into bed and sleep on relying on the eventuality of "What Will Be

Sadly  - "what will be" never really sees the light of day rather our everyday lives are always a result of the effort you put in. You hold the ink and the pen to your scripts ,write it yourself and make it a worthwhile story . Selah

• Like 3

Yes, our journey on earth is predestined, and yes, we are living out the script written by the creator. 

Everything is written in the stars, how we live, how we die. 

Some people are millionaires at the age of 18, and they die before they hit 30.

Mr A doesn't believe in God and prayers, he is successful as a result of his hardwork. 

Mr B is a prayerful Christian, he works twice as hard as Mr A, but he isn't as successful.

Mrs A got married at 20 as a virgin, she is a born again Christian so she kept herself for marriage. she prayed for the fruit of the womb for 17yrs,  gave birth to a child at 37.

Was it Mrs A fault that she couldn't conceive for 17yrs? Could she have written that script herself? Why did she have it hard when other women with less virtues had it easy? Could she have changed it if she could? Yes. But she couldn't. It's written in the stars. She was meant to have a child at 37.it was predestined. 

Nothing just happens in life, when the story of your life is over, it's over. If it weren't so, why can't  people pray themselves out of death by accidents?  Sickness?  You can pray to live to a hundred, but if you are meant to die at 40, it's going to happen. 

Pastors die, Good people die, innocent babies die, innocent children die, why? Nothing just happens. It's all a grand design. 

Fin.

• Like 1

Hmmm, this one is somehow oh... I like Vina and Jenny's answers. However, just like Ivvy, I tilt more to the point of view that our existence and journey on earth is already predestined and we are all simply living out the script written by the great hand.

Why do we make certain choices? Why do we decide to act on some of our desires and not on others? Why do we walk into opportunities? Why do we meet some certain people at certain times? Why were we born into a particular family? Why do siblings trained with same resources turnout differently? Why do twins have different personality traits despite growing up in the same environment? Why do people have different results after putting almost same efforts? Why is it girls that come into our lives surprisingly and almost out of the blue and make our worlds beautiful not guys?

Going biblical sef, why did Jabez decide to pray to God to change his life trend? Why did God say he will have mercy on those he wants to have mercy on? Why did the master in the story of the talent decide to give one ten pieces and another five pieces? Why was it the one that was given one that decided to bury his? 

Does this mean we should all fold our hands and do nothing to try to better our lives since we have all been predestined? The answer is NO.  Even without me answering, one thing is sure: one way or the other, one person or another, one thought or desire, your nature or present environment or one whatever or whatever will sha compel  you to make some certain choices or decisions that will ensure you act according to your script. 

• Like 2

Sadly everyone of us here had been raised to believe that a supernatural realm is as real as the sunrise. What need do we have for an ineffective higher power that neither harms nor benefits, and does not help us at all in a world full of wild animals and wolves, not to mention the brutal elements of nature?

I script and decide what to do and make meaning out of this life. I'm no pawn to an imaginary high power.  In fact, I dare this high power to prevent me from doing that which I can do, or make me do that which I cannot do. If it is really true that He has any influence in the things we do. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Yes, our journey on earth is predestined, and yes, we are living out the script written by the creator. 

Mr A doesn't believe in God and prayers, he is successful as a result of his hardwork. 

Mr B is a prayerful Christian, he 

7 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Mr B is a prayerful Christian, he works twice as hard as Mr A, but he isn't as successful.

Mrs A got married at 20 as a virgin, she is a born again Christian so she kept herself for marriage. she prayed for the fruit of the womb for 17yrs,  gave birth to a child at 37.

Was it Mrs A fault that she couldn't conceive for 17yrs? Could she have written that script herself? Why did she have it hard when other women with less virtues had it easy? Could she have changed it if she could? Yes. But she couldn't. It's written in the stars. She was meant to have a child at 37.it was predestined. 

Nothing just happens in life, when the story of your life is over, it's over. If it weren't so, why can't  people pray themselves out of death by accidents?  Sickness?  You can pray to live to a hundred, but if you are meant to die at 40, it's going to happen. 

Pastors die, Good people die, innocent babies die, innocent children die, why? Nothing just happens. It's all a grand design. 

Fin.

I highkey didn’t expect to see this comment in 2017. Lmao the ignorance is troubling. Damn

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Everything is written in the stars,

:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1::597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

chai and I thought stars are just luminous balls of plasma held together by their own gravity. Oh my! I never know it also double as bank where destinies are stored.

5 minutes ago, Gimbiyya said:

:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1::597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

chai and I thought stars are just luminous balls of plasma held together by their own gravity. Oh my! I never know it also double as bank where destinies are stored.

Hahahaha! 

Now you know stars also double as bank where destinies are stored.you are so brilliant Gimbiyya oh my! 

Now, shoo outta here.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Farida said:

I highkey didn’t expect to see this comment in 2017. Lmao the ignorance is troubling. Damn

This right here is some unnecessary, undeserved bullshit comment. Very bullshit. I would expect from the level of intelligence that you seem to exude, that you would know better than to call anybody ignorant because of their POV.

We are all f***king ignorant. Not a single human knows why we are here nor why we do the things we do. Matter of fact, I'd like to meet somebody, anybody that has the answer to any of  life's pressing questions.

So for you to come online and call somebody ignorant on a topic that has no MASTER is not only a let down, f***king rude but also smacks of unmerited arrogance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

This right here is some unnecessary, undeserved bullshit comment. Very bullshit. I would expect from the level of intelligence that you seem to exude, that you would know better than to call anybody ignorant because of their POV.

We are all f***king ignorant. Not a single human knows why we are here nor why we do the things we do. Matter of fact, I'd like to meet somebody, anybody that has the answer to any of  life's pressing questions.

So for you to come online and call somebody ignorant on a topic that has no MASTER is not only a let down, f***king rude but also smacks of unmerited arrogance.

:597f839311844_tw_grin1: Thanks Hawken.. 

I didn't want to give her much attention,cos it beats me why she'd come at me like that. 

Why anyone would think that another person's opinion, or point of view should align with theirs, is what I'd never understand.

I don't agree with anything Farida has written on Atheism or whatever, but I'd never call her ignorant based on her point of view on subjects has no straight and easy answer. 

Anyway, Farida I'm still waiting to read your intelligent input on the subject matter. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Hawken said:

You pulled this out of my mouth.

I decided to keep silent till this morning when I saw your comment.

Nobody is a reservoir of knowledge, even the most knowledgeable human on earth doesn't know it all. Calling someone ignorant on a forum like this is uncalled for, and it's an height of insolence. 

If you do not agree to an opinion or a view, simply state yours and state it intelligently instead of condescending to call somebody ignorant. 

Give a lil respect, we ain't kids abeg. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Gimbiyya said:

Sadly everyone of us here had been raised to believe that a supernatural realm is as real as the sunrise. What need do we have for an ineffective higher power that neither harms nor benefits, and does not help us at all in a world full of wild animals and wolves, not to mention the brutal elements of nature?

I script and decide what to do and make meaning out of this life. I'm no pawn to an imaginary high power.  In fact, I dare this high power to prevent me from doing that which I can do, or make me do that which I cannot do. If it is really true that He has any influence in the things we do. 

I love your comment! It reminded me of this saying by a Greek philosopher:

"Is God willing but not able? then he is not omnipotent

Is he able but not willing? then he is malevolent

Is he both willing and able, then why is there evil?

Is he both not willing and not able? Then why call him God?"

I personally would like to believe that we are masters of our lives and all of that but things such as deja Vu and dreams of the future really make me think. I even read that scientists are trying to find out if our world is a computer simulation, like in the movie The Matrix.

@Hawken I lowkey always knew there was a cold beef between us but spending this much energy replying a comment that wasn’t for you is odd as hell. Your offence does not supercede my right to free speech. I’m not gonna censor myself for anybody’s feelings. f***k that! I don't understand why reason/logic is vilified On NL. Since when did being reasonable/blunt become a bad thing? Her comment was so dumb that if it had a face i’d have smacked it. “Not a single human knows why we are here nor why we do the things we do” this gotta be from your ‘limited information’ book or ‘how to be a NaijaL clown manual’. You got to delete your comment. Google is free.  

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

@PixieRose There are no mysteries behind deja Vu and dream. We now have adequate scientific (neuroscience) explanation to these phenomenon. Prior to knowledge about sleep paralysis, people use to believe it as demonic attack. 

To a lazy and unimaginative mind, natural phenomena can only be explained in mystical terms.

Questions on purpose of life: Where did we come from? How are we here? What does this all mean? Is there a purpose to our life? Is it chance or design? No one knows. If they say they do they are deluded or liars. 

You can follow this link to read more about scientific explanation of dream.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-science-behind-dreaming/

Deja Vu

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/explainer-what-is-deja-vu-and-why-does-it-happen-11355

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Calling someone ignorant on a forum like this is uncalled for, and it's an height of insolence. 

If you do not agree to an opinion or a view, simply state yours and state it intelligently instead of condescending to call somebody ignorant. Give a lil respect, we ain't kids abeg. 

First of all, What i get to call someone is not your call to make. Ignorance makes me forget my manners. There’s no template on stating my opinion. You didn’t have the balls to reply me but after @hawken did you replied out of sheer stupidity which is a clear case of ‘appeal to the public’. We’re not friends here. I said what i said. Now move along.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Ivyy said:

:597f839311844_tw_grin1: Thanks Hawken.. 

I didn't want to give her much attention,cos it beats me why she'd come at me like that. 

Why anyone would think that another person's opinion, or point of view should align with theirs, is what I'd never understand.

I don't agree with anything Farida has written on Atheism or whatever, but I'd never call her ignorant based on her point of view on subjects has no straight and easy answer. 

Anyway, Farida I'm still waiting to read your intelligent input on the subject matter. 

I didn’t come at you. I came for you. The thing with Science is you don’t have to agree. Regardless of how you feel, it still holds. Fact is fact. No one is asking you to validate it. I figured anything i say would be incomprehensible to someone like you. However, i’ m always on topic. Now go back and reread my comments. 

• Downvote 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Farida said:

I figured anything i say would be incomprehensible to someone like you.

@Farida please desist from "coming for" @ivvy This can easily pass off as online bullying. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kimi said:

@Farida please desist from "coming for" @ivvy This can easily pass off as online bullying. 

Comments will offend some and not others. She needs to get some coping skills. 

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Farida said:

First of all, What i get to call someone is not your call to make. Ignorance makes me forget my manners. There’s no template on stating my opinion. You didn’t have the balls to reply me but after @hawken did you replied out of sheer stupidity which is a clear case of ‘appeal to the public’. We’re not friends here. I said what i said. Now move along.  

Weldone.

Since ignorance makes you forget your damn manners, then the same ignorance should have made you forget to f***king quote me. 

Your lack of manners and act of foolishness is so obvious that you lack home training. 

Ain't no friends with nobody here, ain't here for no friendship. Therefore, whenever and wherever you see my name, do not bother to quote me. 

Ain't gonna stoop so low to your low level of ignorance.

I will move along after you. 

Quote me again at your own risk. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Farida said:

Babe, wait oh, what the f**k is your problem sef? So she doesn't have the balls to reply you because you will get a cane to flog her abi? Or because you have fire on your head? Who is the stupid person here? The reasonable individual who tried to bring it to your empty head that what you did was wrong 'cause you were attacking a person instead of articulating your own opinion which obviously you can't 'cause you do not have anything reasonable to say or you insolent, arrogant bimbo ( that's if you are not even up to the standard of being called that) who has said nothing logical just shouting right to express free speech forgetting that your freedom ends the moment it's infriging on another's right. 

You don't even deserve anyone's response, and it is obviously belittling for me to be replying you but if you are ignored your fish brain which is obviously seeking attention will think "i highkey knew nobody will have the guts to reply me in 2017. Lmao, I am so sharp mouthed. Damn" 

Rada rada oshi! I still can't see anything reasonable you have written sef, at least try to write. Wont laugh at the level of your 'intelligence' Mtscheeeeeeeew.  Farida the all knowing:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1::597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Teewhy said:

Weldone.

Since ignorance makes you forget your damn manners, then the same ignorance should have made you forget to f***king quote me. 

Your lack of manners and act of foolishness is so obvious that you lack home training. 

Ain't no friends with nobody here, ain't here for no friendship. Therefore, whenever and wherever you see my name, do not bother to quote me. 

Ain't gonna stoop so low to your low level of ignorance.

I will move along after you. 

Quote me again at your own risk. 

Lmao ohh I didn’t quote you? f***k you! I’m having booze. In my high state i can compose something. Can’t say the same for you. Not even when you’re having water. Talking to me about home training. FOH 

• Downvote 2

• Moderators

Naaaaaah.... ladies please be civil. Invectives aren't necessary here.

I'm no police woman by training o... ahn ahn. You people should not turn me into one jor.🤠

On a more serious note, can we all not use abusive language towards eachother please